Potent Potential - Prelude

Potent Potential

The future, 2400, is not the technology abundant world we imagined it. Flying cars and artificially intelligent robots aren't given a second thought when you have to use every brain cell for survival. It can't be said when the violence and crime grew to be out of control, there is no way to pinpoint where or how humanity allowed the world to become such a dangerous place.

However, in 2400 it was obvious that gangs prominently ran the country. It could be speculated that humans regressed, that they hated the system, the rules, so returned to more savage times of tribes and clans. Governments were a thing of the past because there was no one group that could speak for the nation when it was split into so many different rings. The gang leaders ran their group, much like a mini government, with no evasive politics, complete, blunt honesty and strict expectations. Because there was no need to please the people when most things were made done by force.

One of the more larger gangs, Crimson Fog, started out as a smaller group, mainly shooters. But they were the first multiracial group which attracted plenty of the population who were seeking equality. The ring grew quickly and with the large amount of differing cultures came a large amount of fighting techniques, styles and weaponry. Crimson Fog became one of the hardest crews to fight against making them even more sought out, their community more secure than the less protected groups.

In 2409, Crimson Fog had some trouble with a group who believed themselves to be 'gang resistance'. A small group of idiots who wanted the old ways back. After a few deaths and plenty of beatings, they surrendered. Two orphans were left with Crimson. One, an infant male, did not survive a week without his parents and died starved despite the lengths in which the gang tried to save him. The second orphan, a two year old girl, was weak when she was taken in. She never cried, never even made a sound but always seemed to be aware. It was determined that her genetics had been played with, giving her an unbelievable focus, aim and possible aptitude for fitness.

Most Crimson Orphans would be sent to school and then given a job in some downtown corner, out of trouble and away from the big leagues. The current boss, Boey Laker, was a strategist. He knew that if he put her with a friend and then got one of his best shooters to mentor her, he'd have a great specialist on his hands in the future. So he sent her to Ash, a thug in the lower ranks but one of his only trusted friends. And he placed Kale as her sponsor, Kale being the best marksman he had.

So the Crimson Orphan, Jax, grew up in an area where her heritage was looked upon with disdain. She developed hard armour quickly and by high school was respected like any other Crimson kid. But she always had Kale ready to give her another challenge and Ash who rarely gave her any free time. Jax, sixteen in 2423, was raised to become one of the world's best gunslingers. One of her greatest challenges was high school.