Unusual Apearances

Sirius, James, Lily, Regulus, Dumbledore, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione had been living at 12 Grimmuald Place. While everyone else was asleep, Lily was restless. She quietly went to the kitchen to get a glass of water but couldn't clear her mind. She heard the muffled pitter patter of feet make its way towards way to the kitchen.

"Lily?" James asked rubbing his eyes.

"Hm?"

"What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"Nightmare?" He asked with concern. He came over and hugged her from behind. Lily had nightmares, pretty bad to. It kept her awake at night making her tired throughout the day. She would wake up screaming, sweating, thrashing her arms and legs around, or a combination of the three. Both of them were surprised it hadn't happened yet but still grateful. He rubbed his hands up and down her arms soothingly. She shook her head "no".

"Just thinking."

"What about?"

"Harry. We've missed so much of his life. He killed Voldemort but was forced to live under the stairs...."

She got mad thinking about how her sister had treated him.

"I know. Wanna go out and mess with her? Turn her hair purple, flip over everything in their house, ooh! I bet Sirius could come up with something great." He went to go get Sirius but Lily grabbed his arm stopping him.

"No we can't do that. Though I wish we could."

"Come on, let's go back to bed." He said giving her a small smile. She smiled back and nodded. They walked past the living room to see Harry asleep on the couch. Lily stopped and smiled at her little boy. He was nearly the same age as her but to her he was still her little boy. She walked over to him and sat on the floor next to him. She brushed a few stray hairs out of his face. Only for more to fall in his face. Just like his father. She thought.

"I think I'll just sleep in here tonight."

"Ok. Want me to stay?"

"No it's fine."

"Goodnight." He said with a quick peck on the lips. Lily finally fell asleep but it wasn't peaceful. Her nightmares had come back.

James POV

Not even 20 minuets after I had gone back to bed, I heard screaming. It sounded like Lily so I ran out with my wand. I was the first ones out there but everyone else was soon running out of their rooms. If the situation wasn't so serious I would've laughed at Dumbledore. He was wearing a pink nightgown with stars on it with a matching sleeping cap. He had socks on that had the same pattern. Though his attire was goofy, his face was not. His demeanor was stern. Though his eye never lost it's twinkle. In the living room my heart sunk seeing Lily
screaming and thrashing around. Harry was trying to wake her up but he couldn't.

I dove down to her side and grabbed her wrists. She was struggling against me but I held still. She started screaming more, and louder.

"Harry, James, no no no please stop stop STOP! Don't hurt them..." she trailed off so that only I could hear her.
"Please stop hurting them. Take me instead please please, don't hurt them." She mumbled over and over.

"Lily wake up. It's only a dream me and Harry are ok we're right here. You have to wake up." She started yelling and swinging her arms and legs around again. It surprised me she hasn't woke herself up yet. An idea popped into my head and kissed her on the lips to let her know I was there.  She stopped struggling and started kissing me back. I pulled away slowly to see her looking down at her lap with a deep blush across her face.