A gift and a curse

Fear is a powerful force; it can keep us chained tighter than our worst enemies. But yet fear exists only to protect us...

He was up early, ready to fight, eager to spill some fresh blood. It was little unusual for him to feel such a blood thirst, but energy was boiling his patience. So with great excitement he went straight to his brother's room. Large doors were already open, so he let himself in without knocking. He could see more weapons in one place than in their entire army. Knowing how much time and effort took to forge it all he stretched his lips in wide smile. He was proud that his little brother used his anger to forge something material instead of creating chaos. He was walking around searching for him. It was strange for him to be late, especially when they had plans.

"Ivar, Ivar" Voice was echoing through the empty halls.

After longer and unsuccessful search, he realized that there is only one place left. This time he was knocking on the door, but keeping his strength contained.

She was awake, but not quite sure in that. But then the senses woke up, and she was no longer alone, she could feel wide chest moving in steady rhythm beneath her hand. She could hear the strong heart, beating slowly comforting her, and her skin, entangled with his was warm as the sun rays were hugging her, but when she finally opened her eyes room was dark...

Light was passing enough to reveal his peaceful expression, to play on his cheekbones, to stay long enough on his scar and remind her that, there is so much mystery about him, so many questions that she was afraid to ask, procrastinating but hoping that their story will unfold in a future.

"I can feel it again the fear griping me strong again, taking over me,and I think while I look at him sleeping peacefully under my body. We both haveour demons inside, keeping us apart. His is anger, mine is fear. We are bothbroken each in our own way. Damaged by circumstances which turned us in all weare today. Acceptance is the answer I say to myself, and it is inside of us; themagic key witch guards happiness. But I doubt again what if I'm just not strongenough? What if I fall into trap of believing, and pass the point from whichthere is no turning back. The moment that changes everything forever musthappen one day, and I delay it as much as i can, watching life passes me by.But again I look at him. He is not like me. True he is tortured, it wasn't easyfor him, never is. But he is strong, fierce, he rebels against the Gods, fearitself is afraid of him. And I don't want to wake him up yet. I m not ready toface those eyes now when the thoughts are taking the best of me, He cansee inside me, he will make me question everything again. Lucky I don't have to somebody is knocking on the door, returning me back to reality..."

She blushed when Ubbe let himself in, and found them in her bed, embraced. He gave her confusing but approving look, and after he pointed at his brother who was still sleeping.

"It is not what you think." She said in her defense. He started laughing. "He will sleep over our raid. We must wake him up!" but he was still standing by the door leaving her to do the hardest part.

She was little anxious to wake him up, but Ubbe was demanding with his look, now serious, and impatient, so she touched his face and said his name loud. He grabbed her hand without spearing his grip, and turned her over so he was now hovering above her, taking her breath away with his confused stare.

It took him a moment to regain his cool again, and he moved away from her, now looking at Ubbe angry.

"Is the world going to end if you let me sleep little longer, ha?" He asked with arched brow, looking at Ubbe way.

"No, but are you gonna let your man wait for you?"

"My men Ubbe, mine! They must wait as long as I like!" Old angry Ivar came back; she started trembling from his voice, knowing that she is probably next on his target.