Somewhere under the stars

Night was cold, full of uncertainty; he was lying on the cold ground, with his eyes far on the distant stars. Hope was in the hand of an enemy, but he was holding on it so tight, conspiring with the Gods to return the life force in his brother's body.

Floki came, and shielded stars from his view with his satisfied grin. Ivar responded with the smile, still little scared about the news he was expecting.

"Gods refused to take Hvitserk in Valhala for now, afraid that he will eat all their food" Floki smiled, and Ivar sighted in relief.

"So we will have to feed him still" He started laughing, satisfied and truly happy.

"What we will do with the witch?" Floki asked.

"The Saxon girly, she is not a witch you old fool, she saved my brother's life, and as such she is under my protection!"

"Oh dear Ivar so it seems that her beauty blurred your mind?" Floki's expression was radiating with excitement.

Ivar's face darkened again, remembering that even his closest and only friend doesn't know his dark secret, but fear of embarrassment was stronger than his need to share the pain. Loneliness was his destiny as well as glory and fame. "She is beautiful?" he forced a smile. And taped Floki on the back, "Than you must go for it Boat builder!"

Floki knew that he will never be with another woman again; Helga was still in his soul, like a song which hum was not leaving him not for a moment. He hid the tear in his eye and said goodnight to Ivar, tired to even try to explain to the young and inexperienced boy what the true love is.

She could not fall asleep, surrounded by all this madness and new strange race of humans that were so different than her villagers. She was not afraid, more curious and hungry for knowledge, for adventure that was calling her for a long time, but she had never had a chance before to give her fate into hands of destiny. Now in the place of her enemies she found the place she wanted to be a part of.

She used all her knowledge to save young long haired man, she managed to stop the bleeding, clean the wound and stitch him up, leaving the body to do its part, believing in the healing force, which gave her knowledge.

Another long haired man was at her side, all the time, later she found out that the leader and two of them were brothers, the Ragnarsonss, Viking princes. He was tall and handsome, blue eyed and nice to her. He even hugged her when she told him that Hvitserk will be fine.

All the time she was thinking about the leader, the man whose eyes awoken something unbearably strong in her, something she had never experienced before. She was expecting his visit, but day was replacing the night and he didn't come to see her.