.2.

The door slams when he barges into my room. No that's not right. He comes into my room and flips me over so that my back slams the door shut, closing us in together. Not even a half a second later, do I feel his lips crashing into mine. A wave of emotions and electricity flow through me at the point of connection, and I immediately want more. No, I need more.

Barely breaking the kiss, I lift Julien's shirt off, but as soon as I fling it away, realization hits me and I push my best friend's boyfriend away. Oh goddess!

"Oh my god, Julien? What are you doing here? Is this really happening?"

Julien looked just as stunned as I do as he looks at me with his grey eyes. There's a yellow ring around the iris that I've always found mesmerizing, even in this moment. The mate bond that's already formed calls for me to go back into his arms; and I desperately want to. But I can't betray my best friend that way.

"I came up here first because Natasha told me you were planning on telling Linc about our plans. I was hoping to talk you out of it. But that went out the window when I started making my way here. I smelled this heavenly scent that's been driving me crazy for a while now and I just had to follow it. I followed it to you." Julien wastes no time pulling me back into his arms again.

Once I felt the electricity between us again, I fall into the passion of his kiss and match it with fervor of my own. My legs wrap around him when he lifts me up so that we're even in height. I can feel him walk us over to the bed, but he doesn't lay me down, just keeping me in his arms. So lost in the moment do we become that we're not even paying attention to the fact that we had stripped each other naked. No, that moment of dawning doesn't hit me until I feel him pushing inside of me. I clench my eyes shut in pain as my virginal barrier is breached.

Julien gives me a moment to get a feel for him inside of me, a moment that's littered with kisses along my neck where his mark will go. Finally he lowers me to the bed, not breaking contact at all, and begins to slowly move inside of me. Pleasure ripples through me, coming in waves as he pumps in and out of me. The ripples begin to ripple as though building me up, pushing me to an unseen ledge as he pumps faster and faster. I felt my fangs extend out, ready to mark what is mine for everyone to see, and my eyes are rolling behind my head as I begin to let go.

His body tenses up and I'm just about to jump from the ledge when there's a loud booming knock on my door. The only one I know who pounds like that is my brother.

It was a disappointing finish as Julien and I halt all motions and look at the door. I pray he doesn't barge right in like he normally does. But I'm happy that he's respecting my privacy for once and remains on the other side.

"Kai, you getting ready?" Lincoln calls out.

"Yeah, I just got out of the shower. I'll be out soon."

"Alright. Come find me when you're done. I'll drive us over there." We listen as he walks away from the door, probably heading towards his suite to get ready himself. But his presence effectively doused the flame that was once burning so bright between me and Julien.

His grey eyes meet my brown and we just stare at each other before he pulls out of me.

"We shouldn't have done this?" I whispered painfully at the lost and sudden distance between us. Julien begins pecking around my room, looking for his clothes that were strewn all around.

"We're mates, it was well within our rights. I haven't even marked you yet."

I only need to say one word for him to see where I'm coming from. "Natasha." I watch as the crushing flood of emotions crash into Julien. "You need to break things off before you mark me." It may as well be within our rights to start and complete the mate bond, but I couldn't do that to Natasha. We have to do this the right way and not get caught up in our emotions. Or hormones.