Chapter 15: Endings and Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"Guess you can die, huh?" Raven breathed his last breathe as I turned to Gabe. 

"You killed Ricki." He glanced at Max whom I had unfrozen then looked at me. 

"I saw the future and saw only Raven's own people could kill him. And even then only if they had the knife he was brought back with, which I had." Sighing I sat down in the sand as the guys followed suit. Max wrapped his arms around me as Gabe clasped my hand. Gabe continued talking while Raven's body dissolved like it had never been there. Odd thing, that. "So I talked to Ricki knowing he might have an idea on what to do and he told me to kill him. He said he was on borrowed time anyway. That he had a date with the devil." Max laughed then and we both turned to look at him. 

"Well he'll be disappointed. Unconditional love gives him a free ticket. The devil won't be getting him back." Laughing I leaned against his chest and watched the waves crash to shore. We still had demons left to fight but it was a start. It was defiantly a start.

EPILOGUE

We all sat in the backyard while Daddy barbecued. Max had disappeared earlier with Mel and I was holding Coner. We all looked up when Bubu walked out.  

"I'm leaving now I just..." His words were drowned out as Mom let out a very girlish shriek and leapt at Bubu, wrapping her arms around him. Tears were streaming down her face as she spoke. I raised an eyebrow and glanced at Max who shrugged. 

"Bubu we thought you were gone, lost forever. I'm so glad you're here. I..." Mom looked behind him to see Nia and Will standing a distance away. Her smile broadened as she leaned back and looked Bubu in the eye. He blushed then smiled as Mom gestured for them to come forward. Mom let Bubu go and met them halfway she knelt down so she was eye level with Will. 

"There's food over on the picnic table if you'd like some." Will grinned then pulled her forward to whisper in her ear. Mom laughed, glanced at Daddy then spoke. "Absolutely." Will let out a loud whoop and about thirty kids rushed from around the corner of the house. Daddy seemed taken aback then grinned broadly as he hollered at Joey. 

"We're gonna need more burgers. And you might want to get started on a bigger house." We all laughed as the kids bombarded the table and fought over the chips. Nia, Bubu, and Mom walked over to me as Nia spoke up. 

"They were all that came once the demons were gone. We're hoping more will show up once we make sure all the demons are gone and we get a safe and protected place for them." She paused and reached out to hold Bubu's hand. "The older ones will come back to help us rebuild but we were hoping the younger ones could stay here until then." Mom smiled and nodded and she reached down and took Coner from me.  

"You two must be very happy together because Bubu has blushed three times but hasn't turned into a child once." She looked up at Nia then glanced back at me. 

"Juli, Jules needs to speak with you." I stood up and brushed the sand off my back then turned towards the ocean and Jules. I walked over to him and stopped in front of him.  

"Hi Dad. You leaving now?" He nodded and placed a hand on my face. 

"Yes, I just had a few things to tell you first. It seems Jared is very happy in Limbo with Mel." I grinned so that's why she's been in such a hurry to get back. Then my face fell Max had went with her and I was here without him. "I wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me anymore. I also want you to know how proud of you I am." I smiled sadly and hugged him. 

"I know Daddy." He grinned at that then popped out. A tear slid down my cheek as I wrapped my arms around myself and faced the ocean. Max was gone and I didn't know what I going to do without him.  

"Juli? What's wrong?" I whirled to see Max standing behind me. Then like Mom had done earlier I let out a very girly shriek and leapt into his arms. He staggered but stayed upright as he laughed. 

"How are you here? I thought you had to go back? That it wasn't an option for you to stay since you have never been human?" His golden eyes sparkled as he grinned broadly. 

"Apparently I'm in a new program for earth bound Guardian Angels. Something your Mom and Dad seem to have started." Giggling I pressed my lips to his as applause sounded behind us. We both looked to see our family smiling happily at us. Looking back at Max I raised an eyebrow. 

"So are we planning on living in sin for much longer or are you going to make an honest woman of me?" I looked down as a ring appeared on my hand, tiny diamonds spelled out 'Juli and Max'. I raised a brow and grinned as he spoke up. 

"I've been waiting on you to say that. Will you marry me, Julianna?" Kissing him I sent my thoughts into his head as his hand slid up my back. 

"Absolutely. Forever and beyond Max, forever and beyond."

ASA POV

I watched them all find happiness and ached for some of my own. The man I'd loved was lost forever and my son was dead. Alex was the only thing holding me to the island and he was leaving soon.

"Jared is in Limbo with Mel. They are both happy." I look over to see Sandy standing beside me.

"I thought you weren't coming back anymore?" Sandy smiled and crossed his arms over his chest. When he spoke he completely ignored my question.

"You should have adventures with Alex. Somehow I think you'll end up very surprised." I rolled my eyes as he disappeared. He was as subtle as a brick wall but at least I knew there was an adventure ahead for me.

ONE YEAR LATER

"Ma, are you guys about ready to go?" I heard Alex speak as I stepped out of the tub and chuckled when hands wrapped a towel around me. I looked up at Kasey and smiled. My hands covered his for a moment then slid down to touch my protruding belly as I yelled at Alex through the door.

"Give us a sec Alex we need to get dressed." I heard Alex's yelp through the door and snickered as he spoke.

"Oh God Ma if that's code for sex I don't want to know. Ana and I will be waiting outside." I heard the door shut as Kasey pulled me into the bedroom so we could get dressed. I watched him pull out clothes as love filled my heart. Who knew a year ago that I would run into a bear shifter and discover I was his mate? And end up pregnant not even two months after meeting him.

"I did." Sandy's voice whispered in my ear but I knew he wasn't really there as I chuckled and waved my hand around.

"Yea I hear you San don't boast." Kasey turns to look at me.

"Did you say something love?" I grinned and pulled on one of his t-shirts and shook my head.

"No just thinking aloud. Wondering if Alex and Ana are ever going to admit they're dating." I heard the word 'liar' in my head as Kasey narrowed his eyes at me. I grinned cheekily as I pulled on a pair of pants. My mate knew I was lying. Oops. Good thing I loved a good adventure.