Chapter 8: Juli's Heart

CHAPTER EIGHT

JULI'S HEART

JULI POV

I woke with girls shrieking in my ear and let me tell you Mel had a pair of lungs on her. I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked around but didn't see any of them. 

"You dumb ass human look up! I looked up to see Mel floating above me, the other girls were at various parts of the ceiling. It was then I felt the powers stirring within me and realized what Mel was shrieking about. She must have read my mind because she screamed at me again. 

"No shit Juli. Get your ass outside your fixing to blow and you're not going to be able to stop it. Move!" Leaping from the bed I dashed from the room brushing past Alex on the way. I flew down the stairs as Luke and Jules appeared in front of me. Shoving each of them with one of my hands they flew into the walls as I rushed out the door. Shit, shit, shit, it was so strong now I could feel me burning within. I dove into the ocean as it exploded around me. The repercussion blew the water so it was swirling in a circle around me. I stood on dry ground as the waves brushed lightly across my face like it was caressing me.

Then the lightening started striking me. Shit, that stung like a bitch. Then it was flowing through me, connecting with me and I realized what was going on here. My powers blew because of what I had learned and I was trying to comfort myself with my own powers. I was one serious freak I couldn't even get someone else to comfort me. Sighing I closed my eyes and concentrated on my feelings. Maybe if I could admit what I was feeling I could calm myself down. Anger, number one and two and three. Sorrow, number four and five and love lots of love. No matter what they did I still loved them, how depressing. I was just cruising for a bruising. I felt the water collapse and I opened my eyes to realize I was underwater. Blinking I swam upwards, gasping as I hit the surfaced. 

"Juli? Um...are you okay?" I stepped out of the ocean as Max walked up to me. He looked warily at my soaking wet pajamas then placed a hand on my cheek. "You need to talk to someone." Putting my hand over his, I looked up at him. 

"They betrayed us Max." I was afraid I was going to cry so I threw my arms around him, snuggling close. He gasped as my wet clothes started to soak through his clothes. Then he wrapped his arms around me and started rubbing my back. 

"What happened?" I felt fire burning in my eyes as I leaned back to look at him. He didn't flinch but his golden eyes were confused as I started to speak. I told him everything that had happened while I was asleep then fell silent as I waited for his response. His voice was neutral when he spoke up. 

"So why did you bring them back, then?" My heart pounded in my chest as I lowered my head.  

"Because they're my Dads'. Even though they betrayed her I still love them." I looked back up as I spoke again. "Is that so...wrong? Why couldn't I just leave them to Raven? It's what they deserved. It's what my Mom deserved." To my surprise Max responded with laughter. Glaring I stepped back and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"You're so like your Mom it's freaky." I started to protest but Max raised his hands. 

"Look I've been in Limbo awhile. Gray and Sara tell stories about Leslie. I know she's a firecracker, quick to get in trouble, and as Gray put it, she has a way about her that makes everyone fall in love with her." I stepped forward as fire started flickering from my hands but Max stood his ground.  

"Did it ever occur to you that your Mom knew they were betraying her? That maybe she accepted it as who they were? Then got them to love her as much as she loved them?" Grabbing me around the waist he jerked me to him as the fire faded out. Gasping, I looked into his eye and saw something I hadn't seen their before. I felt his hardness pressed against me and I was positive.