Chapter 9: Old Friends

CHAPTER NINE

OLD FRIENDS?

JULI POV

Max had already tackled him to the ground when I landed on his chest. I stuck him in the windpipe with one hand and summoned his dagger to me with the other. I restrained him to the ground with wind as I surveyed the damage. Shit, I'd thrown up a shield to protect everyone but me. Then I shrugged at least I had gotten almost everyone. Jules ruffled my hair as he bent to whisper in my ear. 

"That's my baby." I grinned and leapt off of him as Daddy and Jules each grabbed an arm and threw him against the wall. He began to speak to me in my head then. 

"Bitch, she killed my family and you're protecting her." I glanced at Mom as he continued. "I kill you too then, kid or not." Without thinking I spoke back telepathically. 

"Who's your family?" He stilled as my voice whispered in his mind. The he spoke aloud. 

"You know who. The Cassidys' were my brothers and sister and your mother slaughtered them like cattle. They told me what you did to them." He let out a snarl of fury as he tried to jerk away from dad and Jules. Mom stepped beside me as she spoke. 

"Raven killed Nicole and Matt died to protect Joey but I brought Joey back." He jerked gain as he screamed at her. 

"Liar!" 

"Actually that is a lie." I glanced at Max who seemed to just realize what he's said. "Not that he killed them but the Nicole part." We all stared at him. What the hell was he talking about. Max sighed and pushed a hand through his hair. The man froze and stared at Max like he was seeing a ghost. 

"Nikki used to do that all the time." Max grinned sheepishly as I looked at him. 

"Okay there is heaven and hell but there is also..." 

"Max, what the hell? We can't tell them that." Max glared at Mel who grumbled something about him being and idiot and sat back down. 

"Anyway there is also Limbo. If you die a good person and heaven is just too happy for you can become a Guardian Angel or Spiritual as Leslie calls them. In this place you can also fall in love get married and create children. You don't actually had childbirth in the true sense because that was a punishment from God and Spirituals are heavenly creatures but you can make your own family and start them out at whatever age you wish. You can even carry the child if you want too. My mom is Nicole Cassidy. Which means you must be Uncle Ricki." Dad and Jules released him as Joey came rushing in the room. I rolled my eyes. Now he shows up. 

"What the hell all the noise in here?" He stopped when his eyes landed on Ricki. Next thing I know he was across the room leaping onto Ricki's back. 

"Big bro, your back." Ricki laughed and threw him to the ground. 

"Yea, yea and I have a nephew." Joey frowned unaware of Max's surprise. I rolled my eyes. This day was way too eventful. 

"Joey, Max is Nicole's son. She's in Limbo. Ricki..." I grabbed Ana and Lee's arms and pulled them forward. "...this is Ana and Lee, your nieces."

.........

"So how did Matt die?" We'd all went to kitchen to eat and I paused in my sandwich making to glance at Mom. She rarely spoke about Matt and none of us pushed her. I think she'd have been able to love him too if she'd had the chance. Mom was rubbing her belly when she glanced up with those silver eyes to meet Ricki's stare. 

"He burnt them both alive after Raven killed Adam. I had a choice to bring back him or Joey as a reward for what I'd done. I chose Adam. Diane was alone and pregnant while I had Luke. Matt was a good man that didn't deserve to die like that." Ricki leaned forward and placed his hand over Mom's.