Chapter 18

DeeDee finished with my hair and make-up and let me get dressed alone. I nervously glanced at the clock, only to widen my eyes with shock. There was only 30 minutes left till Nathan would be knocking on the door. For me.

I forced myself to stop thinking of what will happen in, now 29 minutes, and focused on putting my clothes on.

I looked in the mirror finally and was shocked into speechlessness. My dark grey skinny jeans fit me perfectly and the dark blue v-neck top with a pretty faint flower design on the side, contrasted with my really pale skin beautifully, and showed my figure off nicely.And how could I forget my neon blue converse. My hair was perfectly straightened compared to the messy waviness that it usually is. Smudgy black eyeliner surrounded my eyes with the tiniest bit of mascara. I don't ever remember being able to look in the mirror and be okay with what I saw.

I sat on the bed, staring at the clock, hoping my magical mind powers would work and the clock would speed up. I heard a light knock on my door, rudely interrupting my focus, before Danny came walking in. I shot a quick glance at him only to see him with his mouth hanging open and his face showing nothing but shock.

“You okay?” I asked, jumping off of the bed gracefully and stood in front of him. His gaze never left my body. “Hellooooo, Danny!” I lightly slapped his cheek which seemed to have worked because he composed himself and cleared his throat.

“Oh. My mom wanted me to get you,” he said then looked down with a slight blush. I looked at him weirdly before I tried squeezing past him but as I was about to leave through the door, he grabbed my wrist lightly. “You look beautiful by the way,” was all he said, still holding my wrist.

“Uhm…thank you, Danny,” I said with a blush flaming across my cheeks and a small smile making its way onto my lips. I lightly pulled away from him still blushing and walked downstairs, glancing back to see that he was still in the same position that I had left him in.

DeeDee started to take pictures and was so happy, she had tears forming in her eyes. "You look so beautiful Reighleen."

"Thanks DeeDee," I said and gave her a tight hug.

It was finally 6:30 and my tummy was just doing flip after flop. I could barely sit on the couch waiting without fidgeting and biting my lip. A few minutes went by and I finally heard the doorbell ring. My heart almost about ripped out of my chest.

“I got it!” I yelled and quietly ran to the door.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door. My worries and nervousness flew right out of the door as soon as I swung it open, revealing Nathans smiling face.

“Here…these are for you,” he said whilst handing me a bouquet of daisies and roses and giving me a shy lopsided smile.

“Aw thank you,” I said, blushing my cheeks off…or pretty close to it... DeeDee came out of no where and swiftly took the bouquet of flowers, saying she would put them in water and that we should run along. He took my hand and led me out the front door; as I was closing the it, I happened to glance up the stairs and saw Danny with a weird expression on his face. I couldn’t quite place it…but it didn’t look very happy. I quickly shook my thoughts that were forming and focused on Nathan.

“My goodness, you look…v-very beautiful. Well you always look beautiful but…nice outfit,” he stuttered, tripping over his own words.

“Thank you. I like your too,” I smiled, squeezing his hand. “So where are we going?”

“That, my love, shall be a surprise,” was all he said as we drove to our unknown destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Can you close your eyes please?” he asked after we drove for about half an hour, glancing over at me for a second then looking back at the road.

“Ugh. Fine. But if your going to kill me, please do it quick and as painless as possible?” I said sarcastically, but closed my eyes tight making sure he would notice how much of a nice person I am by not peaking.

“Thank you. And I’m sorry, but I’m one of those sick minded kind of psycho killers, that like to torture my victims slowly,” he said back with a menacing tone.

“Don’t make me open my eyes now,” I warned shaking my finger in his direction.

“If you do you’ll get major consequences,” was what he would have said, but I drowned him, because my favorite song came one. I blindly felt for the volume button, but Nathan beat me to it and stole me hand.

I belted out the song at the top of my lungs, forgetting that I was on a date and totally forgot about everything until the song ended 3 minuets later. When the song finally ended I realized what I just did.

“Uhm…you didn’t see or hear that…did you?” I asked still with my eyes closed.

“I thought that was the most adorable, priceless thing I‘ve ever seen or heard,” he said squeezing my hand and I felt soft warm lips brush my hand. I just kept the rest of the car ride silent. I do not want a repeat of what I just did. My eyes were still closed as the car stopped.

“Would you mind if I put a bandana over your eyes? Just to make sure you don’t peak. I really want this to be a surprise, he said into my ear.

“…alright.” I said. Seconds later, I felt something soft cover my eyes and his finger brush my cheeks, of course making me blush even more. Then, I heard the driver door open then close then I heard trunk open and shuffling then I heard it close. For the next 15 minutes, I heard complete silence, and me being the nice, good-girl that I am, I did not peak. Then, Nathan scared me half to death when he suddenly opened my door yelling BOO!

“Did you peak?” he whispered into my ear, making those damn butterflies go crazy. I gently shook my head no, worried that I wouldn’t be able to speak a full sentence with out stuttering. “Okay I’m going to lead you to the secret place now.”

He then took my hand and gently guided me out of the car successfully, without hitting my head. I was slowly pulled and we walked for 5 minutes. I could smell nature, and the ground was damp so all I knew was that we were outside...

“We’re half way there,” he said just as I tripped over something. He didn’t have enough time to catch me or let go of my hand so we both fell…me landing on something hard and pointy, him landing on something soft and squishy. Me. “Are you okay?!”

“ I’m fine,” I winced, moving from under him and sat up, rubbing my back.

“Did you land on something? Here let me see,” he said, also sitting up then crawling behind me.

He lifted up my shirt cautiously. Seconds later I feel the very tips of his fingers ever so barely glide down my back. The butterflies were ready to explode out of my stomach by the time he pulled my shirt back down.

“Uhm,” he said before clearing his throat. “I’m sorry. That must have been creepy and was totally uncalled for.”

“It’s okay, really.” I said, smiling blindly at him before getting up and offering him my hand to help him up.

“I promise I won’t let you trip again,” he swore.

“Fine. But the next time I fall, it better be on something soft,” I mumbled, but not before glaring at him even though he couldn't see my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked for about 8 more minutes before he finally stopped in front of me, causing me to walk right into his back.

“A little warning would’ve been nice…” I mumbled, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“I’m sorry love. I forgot to tell you that we’re here finally,” he told me while pushing a few inches and putting his hands over where the blind fold/bandana was tied and loosened the knot.

When the bandana fell from my eyes, my first response was to just stand there like an idiot and feel as though I just might be in a fairytale.