Chapter 29

A few days later, we finally made it home from the hospital. Nathan, being the stubborn guy that he is, carried me up to my room and set me down as if I were made of glass.

"Do you need anything? Water? A magazine?" Nathan asked as he fluffed my pillows.

"No. I'm fine. Seriously, I feel fantastic," I said with an eye roll, attempting to get out of bed.

"Oh no you don't," Nathan said and gently pushed me back down into my pillows.

I gave him a glare, and once again, attempted to get up.

"Would you just lay down and rest before I have to get dramatic," he exasperatedly said.

All I did was give him an I-dare-you-to look as I started to get up. Then I was being pressed down, with him on top of me.

"Well, excuse you," I said, it sounding muffled since my mouth was against his shoulder.

He shifted his body so he was still on top of me, but his face now inches from mine.

"I missed you so much. You have no idea Reighleen," he whispered, caressing my cheek with his hand gently.

"I was only gone for like a day or two..."

"Well...being worried made it seem an eternity, don't ever do that again, please," he begged, looking through the curtain I keep over my eyes, and breaking through the wall that took me years to build up.

He was finally seeing...me. Without even blinking an eye I kissed him with everything I had, I poured my heart, my feelings, my need for him in that kiss. The feeling I was feeling right before I passed out yesterday.

Nathan brought his hand to my cheek, gently caressing it with his thumb. He lightly nipped at my bottom lip...which led to a pretty heavy make out session. Before things got a little too serious, he pulled away out of breath and rested his forehead against mine.

"I really think you need to rest now, we have loads of time to do this tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that..." he breathlessly said.

"Fine, but don't leave me yet, lay with me?" I asked giving him a puppy dog look.

"Gladly," he said with the sweetest smile. I lifted up the blankets to let him in then cuddled against him. "I love you, Reighleen. You can always come to me anytime of any day, I promise you with my heart that I will never hurt you."

"Thank you, I will hold you to that. And you can come to me too Nathan. I love you more than I've ever loved someone else..."

He kissed my lips one last time before tightening his grip on my waist, both of us drifting off into a heavenly place.

An hour or two later I woke up, the first thing I see is Nathan's peaceful face. I couldn't help but smile. I gently kissed the tip of his nose, making him stir just a little but not enough to wake him up completely. I expertly squirmed out of his hold and shut the door quietly behind me.

I went in the kitchen, just now realizing it was past midnight. I grabbed a glass to get water, but as I was getting water, out of nowhere I felt arms wrap around my tummy.

"Holy shiz!" I yelped dropping the glass into a shatter of tiny pieces that surrounded my feet.

"Oh my gosh Reighleen! I am so sorry!" Danny exclaimed, shock etched in his face.

"It's fine, just scared the living day lights out of me is all..."

"Are you okay!?" Nathan came running around the corner with his hair all messed up on one side.