Chapter 4

I came out 45 minutes later with a bulky black cast on my arm expecting Danny to be gone, but he was right there, nodding to sleep. I quietly walked over to him and gently shook his shoulder.

"Hmm wha wha wha?" he mumbled jolting awake and looking frantically around until he saw me, and groggily said "ready to go?".

"Sure" I nodded and walked ahead of him trying to get my sweater on over my cast. After a few moments of struggling Danny ran up and helped me. "Thanks" I quietly said. Pretty soon we got to the "parked" car that was still in the loading zone then quickly after, were driving down the road to my house...yay.

"Uhm...can you ,maybe drop me off right here? My mum is asleep and I don't want to wake her..." I asked when we were driving by his house.

"Ok..sure...do you maybe want to spend the night?... Like when we were 8?" he asked as he parked the car in his drive way.

"Yeah, I would like that" I said smiling and got out and followed him up what used to be the familiar walk way.

His mum came down and hugged me half to death and asked a whole bunch of questions like how I've been and how my mom has been... Danny finally was able to tug me away from his mum and took me up to his room that I haven't been into since I was 13.

"Do you want to wear this to bed?" he asked while getting out boxers from his dresser.

"Yes thank you" I thanked....feeling as awkward as a pig and a cow having an everyday conversation.

He left the room to give me privacy while i changed from my pants to his red boxers covered in black hearts. He came in right as I pulled them up, holding a lot of blankets. I gave him a a very confused face and tilted my head to the side, "it's not that cold is it?" I had to ask.

"No silly! It's for our fort! duh!" he said like a know it all, and pulled a few chairs together. So 10 minutes later, we made the most awesome fort that I think anyone can build with 3 chairs, a bed and about a million blankets. We both crawled in with a flash light and made ourselves cozy.

"Do you wanna tell ghost stories? I'll start!" he exclaimed, not giving me the chance to answer. He held the flashlight up to his face to make his face all shadowy and "creepy". After he finished his story, i was jumping every time his cat meowed outside of his door or when the wind blew through the little crack in the window.

"Ready for bed? We still have school in the morning" he asked finally done with making creepy noises and scaring me.

We settled down and after 5 minutes I heard his light snore; so I turned to watch him sleep. One, because I couldn't sleep, two-because I was sleeping right next to the love of my life, and three I was still scared from that one story..and a little thought in my head kept reminding me of what my mum will do when I sneak in tomorrow morning. I started to get up and leave so I could go home, wondering what I was doing sleeping next to a guy who has a girlfriend, but then he put his arm around my waist. My eyes bugged out of my head and I had to try not to hyperventilate. But oddly enough, all those worrying thoughts in my head disappeared and I was finally dozing to sleep, with his arm firmly around me.

I woke up really early the next morning with Danny hugging me to his chest and my head on his chest. I have to admit i stayed laying there a few extra minutes soaking it all in, knowing this is a once in a lifetime chance and I'd never be in this situation with him again. After soaking it in, I slowly slid out of his arms and quickly changed from his boxers and into my pants then sloppily wrote : "Thank you for letting me sleep over, I'll see you later. :P

Love, Reigh."

Then left on my way home thinking of all the things She might do. I sneaked into my room around 6:13 and went to shower. On my way to the bathroom, She came out of her room and sneered at me then walked down the stairs.