Natsu x Reader | Friends and Family

Start from the beginning

I unfolded the letter, skimming the contents.

Dear [Name],

We're sorry for lying, but this was for your future. We weren't trapped on the island because of sins from the past, it was because of your magic.

They were scared, frightened at what you could do, how you could create anything. You were the creator, our creator, our saviour. You made our first village, but we were banished because the magic council were cowards.

We knew this day would come, for it was foretold that you would fly this day and will not live past the age of eighteen, unless someone stops you.

Please, live on and break the prophecy.

I grit my teeth, throwing the letter into the sea, not wanting any reminder that it was my fault this happened.

Eighteen... that's... in five months...

Impossible.

➳➳➳

I smiled wearily at the fight happening right now. I've gone to Fairy Tail, hiding my past. I've succeeded for four months, my birthday was in a few days, I plan to quit by then.

"[Name], something wrong my child?" Master asked.

"No, no, just tired" I gave him a small smile.

"Right, don't overwork yourself" he went back to drinking his beer.

I sighed, coughing, I rushed outside, thankfully, no one chased after me. I uncovered my mouth, revealing blood. I leaned against the tree, tired. I might as well take my own life.

"No, [Name], you can't, for them" I told myself, shaking my head. "With great power comes great responsibilities. I'll leave when everyone goes and take a mission, that will be my last"

I stood up, making up my mind. At least I'll be able to help someone before I leave. Even if I die, no one will miss me. They'll surely hate me for leaving.

So, I waited outside the guild, and watched as Mira left. I walked in, scribbling a note, taking a mission and leaving out the door.

"Where are you going?"

I froze when I heard a voice. I turned, seeing the familiar pink hair as the moonlight leaned in.

"Natsu? I'm going on a mission, I need to pay my re--"

"Your lying" he made up his mind as he walked closer. "Your heart is beating faster"

I didn't say anything, I only coughed, blood going on my hand.

"Hey! [Name]? You alright?"

He walked closer, I moved back.

"Stay away. The more you care... when I die..." Tears leaked from my eyes. "It was because of me that they died. It was because of my magic"

"But I bet they wanted you to live right?" He smiled at me. My eyes widened.

"Come on, you said you wanted to see the world when you first came right?"

I slowly nodded.

"Well, let's go! Come on! The missions just in Hargeon."

"What?"

"Let's go, we'll get back by the morning if we're lucky."

"What about your team?"

"They'll be fine, come on! We'll walk"

I hesitantly followed. "Why?"

"Family sticks together, I don't know why you're gonna die, but you're not dying on my watch"

I looked up at the night sky as we walked, the stars twinkling, as though staring down at us.

"Thanks..."

He just turned around, smiling.

It was as though his smile was contagious, making me smile too.

Maybe, just maybe, my future won't be so frightening after all.

『 Friends And Family - End 』