055

055

REGAINING sight of his newfound surroundings took several blinks and winces at the light streaming through the window.

yoongi's face focused on jimin's and the silence in the room was met with unsteady breathing from jimin and the chirping of bluebirds from the iron balcony.

yoongi's hands came up to jimin's cheeks, caressing and cupping them in a worrying matter, almost checking to see if he was alright.

"i—" jimin's voice was croaky and hoarse, so he cut himself off from speaking and cleared his throat instead.

"there's more to the story, of course, but i think that's all for today." yoongi pulled back. he analyzed the boy's face for any sign of indignation towards him, but jimin only looked curious.

curious and beautiful.

"you were in love with hoseok." it was a statement rather than a question, but yoongi flinched.

jimin's words were not harsh or spiteful. his tone was light and almost motherly, and yoongi would've rather had him sound pissed off.

he nodded either way, "i'm sorry for not telling you."

"you weren't inclined to tell me. it isn't like it matters anymore, though. right?" he asked. "because you don't feel that way anymore." he prodded on with hope.

jimin watch yoongi's eyes become more distant, as he was thinking about something else, a smile playing at his features. "no of course not." he laughed lightly. "i love you, jimin." the older boy nodded absentmindedly and pursed his lips.

"do you want to talk about it?" jimin asked cautiously. "about your past..."

they did just that.

hours were spent reminiscing with each other. their positions on the bed changed several times. sitting, kneeling, laying.

eventually, they ended up haphazardly sprawled across the king sized bed.

tears stained jimin's cheeks whereas yoongi kept his expression neutral. a collective sigh was heard from the both of them at one point.

today want necessarily the happiest of days, but jimin felt alright. he felt closer to yoongi. he didn't want to feel anything other than just that.

"yoongi," jimin's voice was small. "you can't die." he noted.

yoongi sat up quickly, his eyes landing on jimin's face. the boy was staring at something on the other side of the room, but he didn't know what.

"let's not worry about that right now," he dismissed, "i have a plan."

"you're not going to kill me and make me immortal are you?" jimin joked with a roll of his eyes.

but yoongi was quiet;
they were both quiet.

it'd been about a couple of weeks since jimin's new enlightenment on yoongi's past, and the two grew closer than ever. they were almost grossly inseparable.

today was one of the rare occasions in which they were both alone. jimin had a private vocal lesson to teach, so yoongi decided to spend time with one of his friends.

granted, it was his most annoying friend, but a friend nonetheless.

"fuckboykook." yoongi greeted with a wide smile once he entered the homely but modern cafe.

the color scheme was muted greens and metallic silver. light fixtures hung from the ceilings with thick wire laced in ivy vines. the lighting was white, but soft enough to not bother anyone's eyesight.

sitting on a plush seat, with his cupcakes and hot chocolate on the stump, wooden coffee table, was jeon jungkook; boy demon.

the younger groaned at the nickname and threw a dagger like stare at yoongi who walked closer to him.

as the reaper took a seat on the neutral toned blue cushion, he reached over and pinched jungkook's cheeks.

"kookie buy me a cookie." he sung, acting completely out of character.

"i'll choke you." jungkook threatened bluntly. his eyes didn't leave yoongi's when the reaper went to lick the creme frosting off of his red velvet cupcake.

"i'm not into that, but jinnie might be." he winked, referring to his brother, making the other shudder.

"to the question i've had for weeks now," yoongi began, poking his finger into one of the cupcake's frostings and sticking it in his mouth again, "what did you dream of me covered in anyways?" yoongi questioned.

yoongi hummed in content at the flavor; peaches and cream.

jungkook blushed immediately and swore. he dropped his treat at the sudden question and the quick imagery that rocketed into his head.

"kooks," yoongi chirped and poked the younger's cheek. "if you don't tell me, i'll spank you."

completely out of character.

"taehyung said that to me the other day." this was jungkook's attempt of getting yoongi to drop the topic.

"but you won't enjoy it if it's me, cupcake boy. now tell me, because i've been curious since the week before last." yoongi persisted as expected.

"please, grim, it was nothing." jungkook whines and uncomfortably twisted his body side to side as if he were trying to leave his own skin.

but yoongi wasn't having it. he needed to know, it's been plaguing his thoughts.

he began guessing, "you dreamt of me covered in nothing?"

"no—"

"was i covered in chocolates?" he asked.

jungkook shook his head.

"whipped cream?" he arched a brow. this was also a no.

"blood?" he suggested, thinking that this is surely what the demon would get off on.

jungkook gave another negatory shake.

"bitches?" scythe spoke up, only being heard in the mind's of yoongi and jungkook.

the weapon was concealed as a metal band wrapped around yoongi's wrist. it had a jewel on it that was the same red as the one on the band of yoongi's finger.

jungkook whispered in part shame and embarrassment, "kumamon."

it was awkwardly quiet.

the chatter from the people around even seemed to have dissipated as the boy's stared at one another unblinking.

"naked... with kumamon plushies." jungkook continued.

the image popped into his thoughts once again, and scythe thought to share it with yoongi.

a regal, wooden throne with gold detailing and a comfortable, burgundy seat was where yoongi sat. a crown of ivory bone proudly positioned on his once ash blond hair. surrounding him and his pretty reaper parts were plushies of kumamon in all sizes.

"i'm so disgusted. i'm leaving." yoongi didn't hesitate to spring up from his seat.

"you should be flattered!" jungkook called, lifting himself from the cushion a bit and hollered at yoongi's retreating a figure.

a few people looked at the two in confusion and annoyance at the disturbance.

"he obviously doesn't know quality content." jungkook mumbled as the lady at the table beside him eyed him cautiously.

_____
this book won't exceed 70 chapters, so it'll be ending soon (: