The walk home was shameful. It took us half an hour to get back. Macey tried to talk to me but I just couldn't deal with being around people. 

My emotions were acting up again. Something was screaming at me from the back of my mind. 

I quickly apologised to her and Aaron without looking them in the eye and walked away as quickly as possible. They let me go. An enforcer with short brown hair and keen milk chocolate brown eyes followed every move I made. 

He wasn't as built as the others but he looked sharp. He was holding the long range rifle. I couldn't see anyone else properly due to the fog.

I kept thinking of these recent images I kept seeing. My mother was a Behavioural Psychologist. She would sometimes explain actions about people to me but other times she educated me about mental illness. 

Schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder and many more. Werewolves couldn't get ill, physically that is. But could we get ill mentally?

I'm only 22, it couldn't be schizophrenia.

Yup, I'm going crazy.

Somebody just tried to kill me yet here I am thinking about an illness that a wolf couldn't get. Honestly, I didn't know. I needed to talk to someone. Those thoughts, brought tears to my eyes. I still felt angry. 

I doubted that was my emotions. I had no reason to be angry. I wanted to go home, wash the dirt off my hands and from under my nails. 

My hands shook and my vision blurred from the tears once again. Using the back of my hand I wiped my eyes before tears could touch my cheeks.

An Alpha mustn't cry. An Alpha is strong and resilient. You are going to lead the pack.

My father's voice kept running through mind.

I wanted to go home.

More tears formed in my eyes the minute my father's house came into my mind. I was too protected. I needed to fucking toughen up. 

I widened my eyes trying getting rid of them. Wolves loved to stay in packs and now that I'm not in any, it was messing with my system.

Ocean didn't speak to me once the rest of the day even though he was in the house, slamming things around. I balled like a baby in the bathtub. Pressed the back of my hand against my mouth trying to muffle the sounds. 

I wondered if he felt it. Even if he did, he didn't act on it. No one ever shot at me in my life. 

I didn't dare to tell my parents about it when I called my dad later in the evening. They seemed to be doing fine and Alex had finally accepted his role as an Alpha. 

He was being trained by my father. The difficult part of the transition was the spiritual evolution from Beta to Alpha.

One can earn his way to the top and one can fall from his reign. But in this case my father was handing it down. If I spoke to my mum I would have started to cry once again therefore I asked him to tell her I was okay. But I was far from it.

My eyes were puffy when I went downstairs for dinner. I must ask him who cooks for him considering he's never home. It was my time to bang the cabinets doors and fridge. The lights were dim around the house. 

The shadows slanted around the dark surfaces. It looked like a haunted house. I ate as quickly as possible. It was roast chicken and vegetables. Whoever made it was a good cook.

I felt so cold and lonely.

My heart dropped as tears sprang to my eyes. I haven't cried this much since- well since forever. I heard footsteps going back and forth for a while upstairs and just when I finished my dinner and put the plate in the dishwasher, I pulled out the chocolate cake that was newly inserted in the fridge.