“Professor!” I said, standing up in my chair. My voice was a few octaves higher than it normally was, and I could feel my hands shaking. Professor Trelawney’s head snapped towards me, her eyes even wider than usual.

“My dear girl! Have you seen-” She started, but I cut her off.

“I need to go see the Headmaster. Now.” I said, the urgency in my voice desperate. Trelawney nodded.

“You may go.” She said quickly, and nodding gratefully I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room as fast as possible, skipping as many as four steps at a time as I ran down the stairs, my father’s face and the flash the fog had made seemed to be burned into my mind.

Racing down the hallways, I stumbled through pacs of students who were leaving and entering classes, all yelping in surprise as I ran past them down the hallways.

“Excuse me- I’ve got to get to the Headmaster’s office-” I chirped apologies and excuses quickly before finally making it the statue that lead to the headmaster’s office. 

“Password?” It asked tonelessly, and I groaned, cursing myself. I had been told the password, it had something like coffee.... mochas, frappes, coffee.... oh! Duh.

“Toffee.” I answered quickly, and the gargoyle nodded before moving aside to reveal the stairs, which I climbed on, waiting impatiently for it to move all the way up. I hummed softly to myself until it arrived, and taking a small breath I stepped inside. Dumbledore sat at the desk in his office, writing.

“Professor?” I asked hesitantly when he looked up at me in surprise.

“Lily! What ever are you doing here, child? I thought you were in Divination.”

“I know! I am- I was. But Professor, I saw something.” 

At this he straightened up. “Ah.. Why not you sit down?”

So I did. And I explained what I had seen, my father’s face in the ball, the flash- I could identify it as green now- and the liquid fog. It was all clear. 

Someone was going to murder my father. And if they murdered my father....

I would never be born.

Dumbledore looked disturbed, his usually calm and collected expression replaced with that of sheer concern and worry.

“He will need to be protected by the Order.” He said after a moment, and my  mouth fell open.

“Albus, are you sure?  I mean, this is my father. He’s probably all the way in America- they shouldn’t be able to find him.”

“Lily,” Dumbledore started softly, “If Voldemort wants your father dead, he will go however far he has to to see that happen. And if you did see a prophecy, then there is no doubt in my mind that events will come together that will bring your father back to London.”

“Oh bloody hell..” I groaned, sinking back into my chair. Dumbledore smiled sadly.

“I will alert the Order members. As for you, in the meantime, I can see you are startled. I suggest you go find Severus, maybe make a calming potion?” He suggested, and sighing, I nodded.

“Very well Professor.”

“Good girl, Lily. I will talk to you later.” He promised as I left the office, feeling down.

~~

“So you believe they’re going to go after Jacob?” Snape asked as he stirred the ingrediants in the cauldron into what would be a calming potion for me. Resting my chin on my crossed arms, I nodded.

“I saw it. In Divination.”

“Wonderful.” Snape commented dryly, and I glared up at him from where I was leaning against the desk. 

“Why are you so sarcastic?” 

“Wh- Beg your pardon?” 

“You heard me.” I snickered slightly, and Snape rolled his eyes.

“It’s part of my personality.” He said after a moment, and this time I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, that answers everything.” 

“Do you want this potion or not?” Snape sighed, and I nodded.

“Yeah, yeah..”

“Then I suggest you shut your mouth.” He said sternly, sending me a pointed look as I retracted my tongue from when I had stuck it out at him. 

“Speaking of keeping your mouth shut, Albus told me about you and Draco..” He started, and I groaned. I wasn’t seriously going to get a talk about guys from Severus Snape, was I?

“Did he?” I asked nonchalantly, and Snape rolled his eyes.

“I don’t want you rushing into anything, young lady.” He said sternly, and I groaned. Looks like I was. “He may have joined the Order, but that does not mean you two will automatically get back together.”

“But Sev-”

“No buts. You’re to young to date, anyways.”

“Sev! Come on! I’m sixteen!I dated him when i was fifteen!”

“Yes, you did. You shouldn’t have.”

“Oh hell..”

“Yes, yes it was. Do you want your potion now or not?”

“Yes sir.” I said haughtily as he handed me the goblet, and  sighing I took a sip of the warm liquid, a calm feeling washing over me. I could easily see how people could become addicted to these.

“Good?” Snape asked, and I nodded once in response before I smirked slightly, snickering.

“Always.”