Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Later that day I sat in the Astronomy tower by myself, trying to recollect my thoughts. I had already broken down twice, and I was busy trying not to again. It was a lot to take in.

The next twenty four hours were the most important of my life, it seemed. Looking down, I studied the soft paleness of my left forearm. In a few short hours, either a skull and a snake would be tattooed on it, and I wouldn’t be able to wear short sleeve shirts without putting a charm on my arm to conceal the tattoo, or it would remain fine, but at the same time I would’ve let Dumbledore down...

It didn’t help that I hated snakes, either.

On the bright side of things, if I did decide to become a Death Eater, I would be closer to Nagini, who would now be ultimately easier to kill. 

But I still had this hollow feeling in me. Despair. Aloneness. Darkness. Caged. Trapped. Hardly anyone to go to. Not to mention I’d be around Bellatrix. Uhg.. 

“Lily?” I heard a voice ask quietly from behind me, and oddly enough I felt the tension in my body leave as I turned around and saw Draco standing there. I let out a small sigh.

“Hey.”

“What are you doing?”

“Thinking.” I answered quietly as he walked over and stood behind me, looking out at the view the Astronomy tower provided.

“Thinking’s always good.” He said softly, and I nodded in agreement. Draco paused for a second before looking back at me.

“Have you... have you thought about what I told you?”

“I did.” I murmured. “But it’s such a big decision..”

“I know.” Draco nodded, and I smiled slightly as he hesitantly wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, my head resting on his shoulder. It was a comfortable position, natural. One of those moments where you wish you could just freeze time.

I smiled slightly, and looking up at him from the corner of my eye, I was pleased to find that he was smiling himself. It was a small smile, but at least it was there.

“I wish it was a decision you didn’t have to make.” Draco said softly, his grip on me tightening slightly.I nodded once in agreement, when a thought struck me. An impossible, irrational, insane thought.

But it would be fantastic.

“Draco..” I whispered after a moment, and he looked down at me.

“What?”

“Do you like being a- being a death eater?” I asked cautiously, and Draco blinked, looking taken aback. I bit my lip. “Answer truthfully.”

“Well....no, I don’t. I hate it.” He whispered softly, his voice so low I could barely hear it. I looked up at him, my face dead serious.

“Draco, I can help you. But you need to listen to me.” I said seriously, and Draco frowned slightly, looking unsure as he nodded once. 

“I’ll listen.”

“Good..” I murmured, trying to figure out my next sentence. It took me a few seconds to figure it out before I spoke.

“I can help you- you and your family, Draco. But you need to listen to me. What if you-”

“Spied for the order?” Draco asked, his voice cool. “Because that’s all the use I would be to you, isn’t it? Your little spy-”

“No! Draco.” I frowned, feeling hurt. Did he honestly think that? “I wouldn’t. No. It’s not like that.

“Then what’s it like then?” He asked skeptically, bitter amusement in his voice.

“I want to help. Don’t you understand? The Order- Dumbledore- can protect you.”

“Yes, because they would be so willing-”

“Under Dumbledore’s orders they would.” I said in all seriousness.

“And Dumbledore would be so willing, I suppose?”

“Trust me, he would be.” I assured him. He looked at me skeptically, and letting out a sigh, I looked up at him pleadingly.

“Draco, please let me help you and your family. Please. It’s not too late.”

“And how can you be so sure?” He sneered, and I scowled at him.

“Do you not remember where I come from? What I know? I  know exactly what I am talking about Draco Malfoy, so before you start asking me how can I be so sure, make sure you check the effing facts that I know more then you do-” I ranted, when my words were cut off by his lips, his hands grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him.

All of the sudden old and familiar feelings and thoughts rushed back to me, warming my body as I wrapped my arms around his neck. But all too soon he pulled away,looking down at me.

“I’ll do it.” He said softly, and my face practically lit up.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“You’re a genius, Draco!” I laughed, pulling him into a hug. We stayed like that for a few seconds when a cough came from the stairs, and we practically sprang apart. I could feel my face heat up as Albus Dumbledore looked at us calmly.

Draco stiffened beside me but didn’t say anything. Dumbledore stared at us for a little while before he smiled.

“Brilliant.  Mr. Malfoy, if you’ll come with me.”

‘What- Why?” Draco asked, looking suspiciously at the headmaster. Dumbledore smiled kindly.

“I believe you did just agree to align yourself with the Order?”

“Well, I suppose,  but-”

“Then we can make it immediate! My boy, do you not know that as of now you are one of the most important members? The service you are doing to the Wizarding world? The huge favor you are doing for dear Lily?” He asked, and Draco stuttered slightly. I meanwhile was chuckling slightly at Dumbledore. Someone was a bit excited.

“Albus, calm yourself.” I chuckled, sending a concerned look at Draco, who was looking slightly confused and dazed, but mostly on guard, like he expecting someone to jump out from the shadows and tackle him to the ground.

“Yes, I’m sorry, Lily. Draco, if you’ll follow me please-”

“Can’t I come?” I protested weakly, and Dumbledore smiled kindly.

“I believe your cousin is looking for you.”

“Oh hell.” I muttered, before looking up at Draco, feeling slightly concerned.

“Will you be-”

“I’ll be fine, Lily.” He said, nodding once. I bit my lip but nodded.

“Good. I should go-”

“I’ll see you later.” Draco promised, giving me a small smile. Smiling back I nodded once, awkwardly walking out of the tower before sprinting down the stairs, in a much lighter mood then when I had gone up, my lips still tingling slightly from the kiss.

XxAuthor'sNotexX

SO I know I haven't updated in awhile, but between being sick and having some other issues I just haven't had the time! I am in no way giving up on the story though, I promise.

REVIEW, please?? It would be much appreciated^^

Luv ya,

Lils