21. t

when josh got to school, debby and josh went their separate ways. he actually had a really good feeling that this whole thing was gonna work out. he can finally not be afraid. well, that was until he saw brendon with tyler. obviously it wasn't a 'friendly' conversation either.

tyler was cowardly, pushed against the lockers. he forced himself against them more and more as brendon got closer. tyler just wished the lockers would engulf him right then and there. josh clenched his jaw as he watched brendon tug on the collar of the smaller boys shirt. josh started walking towards them, as he watched closely.

unfortunately, josh didn't get there in time. brendon's hand came up, colliding with tylers face. josh winced, now sprinting over to them.

"woah, what the hell?!" josh yelled, standing next to brendon. brendon let go of tylers shirt, as he sank down to the floor, holding his palm to his red and purple cheek.

josh got angrier, looking down at his love who had his knees pressed to his chest. "brendon!" josh shoved the boy, disbelief written on his face.

"you here to stick up for your loverboy? huh?" brendon mocked, a grin sneaking on his face. "fuck off." josh growled, a scowl still on his face. "hey, just stating facts." brendon put his hands up, surrendering.

"what the fuck is your problem?!" josh snapped. "my problem?! oh i don't think i have one." brendon stepped forward getting in josh's face.

"so hitting tyl-" tyler stood up slowly, shaking his head trying best to block out the two boys.

"stop." tyler whispered, as they kept arguing. tyler put his hands in between the boys trying to break them up as they yelled in each other's faces. "stop." he said with a little more force. they didn't stop.

"stop it!" tyler demanded as he pushed josh out of the way. josh stared blankly at him. "it's okay. let's go." tyler trailed his hand down josh's arm, taking ahold of his hand.

"see, it's fine joshy." brendon taunted, an evil smirk playing on his face. josh could feel his blood boiling in his body at the sight. "josh, please." tyler resting his hand on josh's chest stoping him from physically attacking brendon, but we all know he was mentally killing him.

josh scoffed, making an irritated groan before obeying tylers order. "bye, bye." brendon batted his eyes giving josh and tyler a small, joke wave.

josh tried so hard to ignore his ongoing remarks as they walked away. tyler held josh's hand tightly as they went down the hallway.

"do you need ice or anything?" josh stopped, turning towards tyler worried that he was really hurt. "uh- no i think i'm good." tyler covered his face where the bruise laid, embarrassed. "let me see." josh removed tylers hand, examining the bruise. "ty.." he gently graced his thumb over his swollen cheek. "i will kill him. god, i hate him so much." josh expressed, shaking his head. just the thought of brendon pissed him off.

"didn't you guys used to be friends?" tyler questioned. josh sighed, nodding his head. "yeah," he pursed is lips. "that was until he flirted with debby and ashley. he wouldn't leave them alone until he got what he wanted; sex" josh squeezed tylers hand. "just because he's on the 'the football team' he thinks he can get anyone." he rolled his eyes. "and bully you.." his heart dropped at the words. it hurt josh, especially since he knows tyler is suicidal.

"oh." tyler looked down at the floor as they continued walking. as they approached tylers class, josh grabbed his face giving him a kiss. "do you wanna come over tonight? we can go do something?"

tyler smiled, giggling a little. "Bi'd love that." he leaned in again, stealing another kiss before going to class.