5. d

tyler walked out the doors of the school. finally he could go home, even though he didn't want to be alone.

he stared walking down the steps that led up to the school when he heard someone call his name.

"tyler!"

he stoped and closed his eyes as he sighed out loud. he turned around biting his lip, trying not to let anything dumb slip out.

"what, josh?" tyler said, it almost came out bitterly.

"what happened today? why'd you leave?" the words rang in tyler's ears.

he remembered why he stormed out of the cafeteria. he clenched his teeth hanging his head down, looking at his feet.

"i d-don't know." tyler looked up from his feet. "i guess i just,"

"what? you can tell me ty."

"i was jealous okay.." tyler forced the words out.

"what?" josh almost chuckled. "you got jealous?" he said more seriously this time.

"yeah.. just- just forget I said anything." tyler said shaking his head and starting to walk away.

"no, don't go!" josh said grabbing tyler's arm. "it's okay." he said reassuringly.

"do you wanna come over, i mean debby will be over but we can play mario cart?" josh asked.

tyler rolled his eyes. of course she'd be over.

"only if you won't get jealous." josh teased.

"oh, shut up." tyler blushed, lightly punching josh's shoulder playfully.

"please."

"fine. only if I get to be yoshi." tyler snickered.

"but i wanted to be y-"

tyler gave josh a sharp look.

"fine, okay." josh groaned but then a quick smile took over.

:.。..。.:

tyler and josh sat on the floor playing mario cart while debby laid down on josh's bed scrolling through her social media.

"come on, you beat me again!?" josh whined.

"what can i say, i'm the best." tyler shrugged, giggling slightly at josh's annoyance.

"one more round. i'm gonna beat you!" josh insisted.

"if you say so."

during the final race tyler could see debby staring at him from the corner of his eye. it made him a little nervous and obviously distracted. he tried focusing on the game and when he did it was too late.

"yess! i knew i would beat you!" josh snickered at tyler.

"hey it wasn't my fault!" tyler paused deciding if he should say the next part. "your cuteness distracted me." he stated.

his cheeks starting to heat up. it wasn't a complete lie. debby was the real distraction, but josh was there too.

debby cleared her throat before hopping off of the bed down to where they sat on the floor.

tyler scoffed before making eye contact with josh. josh looked dazed, almost getting lost in the light brown eyes of tyler's.

"josh, josh!" he blinked a few times before he snapped his head up. debby gave him an almost 'duh' look before talking again.

"finally, i'll be back. i need to use the restroom." she stated, flipping her strawberry hair over her shoulder.

she opened the door walking down the hall, entering the bathroom. josh turned towards tyler again.

"good game." tyler grinned.

"yeah." josh scooted closer to him.

tyler felt his heart speed up when josh just kept staring at him.

"what?" tyler questioned his anxiety starting to kick in.

"nothing." josh breathed.

he just kept his eyes on tyler staring into his eyes. he quickly flicked his eyes down to his lips then back up again. a smile playing on his face.

tyler gulped when josh scooted even closer to him making almost no room in between them. soon enough the door swung open again. tyler yanked his head away covering his mouth with his palm.

"i'm back." debby said sitting down beside josh. she climbed into his lap.

"my turn?" she smirked.

"sure." josh handed her the controller.

"yay!" she squealed. it hurt tyler's ears.

was he starting to hate debby? surely it could be possible. tyler watched as she sat in his lap, as they laughed and kissed.

did josh forget about what happened a few moments ago? about how he was going to kiss tyler?

tyler pursed his lips together as he watched them having a good time. he closed his eyes and made a promise to himself he would just enjoy the rest of his time here.

he continued to play the game with them even though it kinda made him uncomfortable. it wasn't that bad of an afternoon.

-

a/n CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HEAVYDIRTYSOUL BEYOND THE VIDEO BECAUSE IT WAS PERFECT OH MY GOD.