"Don't say that."

"What if I didn't walk around?" I ask.

"Dr. Westfall said it's not your fault. They'll find out what was wrong with her May, okay?" I nod. "Please don't blame yourself." I grip onto his hand and press my head against his chest. His hand rubs my lower back and his lips touch the top of my head.

"I love you Harry."

"I love you more May. Get some rest, okay?"

"Okay." I squeeze his hand and close my eyes.

May POV {8 years ago}

Today is Sadie's 13th birthday party.

All of her friends are roaming about the house talking. I'm in the kitchen for a brief moment getting something to eat.

Someone that catches my eye is Harry.

He never notices me, so it doesn't matter if I obviously stare at him. I end up looking away and glance back to the fridge that has no food in there.

Well, there is food but none that I like anyways.

My Mother enters the kitchen with a smile. Then it fades while noticing me. "Stalking Harry again?" I roll my eyes at her comment and grab a water bottle. "See, when you're sociable you make friends. Maybe you should try it."

"How many of her friends do you think actually care about her?" I ask my Mother.

"And you have two friends, no? Should you be talking May?" I bite down on my jaw. "Maybe drop a few pounds and Harry will notice you." She chops up vegetables for a salad.

"Anything else?" I ask her.

"In life you're going to have to deal with people. In school, in college, at work, at stores, and you can't hide from that May. Don't want to tell your own daughter that you weren't a loser in high school?" She pauses. "Scratch that, who would want to have a kid with you? I would feel bad for the daughter or son that is related to you."

~~

"Hello May." Adam's Mom greets me with a wide smile.

"Hi Trish." She opens the door wider for me to fit in.

"Can I get you something to eat?" She asks. "You look a little lanky."

"I'm good, thank you."

"You're not starving yourself are you?" Her eyes question me.

"No." I chuckle.

"Well, I gotta get to work. Feel free to eat, the fridge is filled with leftovers, Adam is upstairs." I nod.

"Thank you."

"Of course sweetheart." I walk up the fluffy white steps and soon enter Adam's room.

"Hey May." Adam greets.

"Hi." I mutter. I plop down on his mattress. "Can I sleep over?"

"What? You don't want to stalk Harry all night?"

"Ha ha." I fake laugh.

"You have the biggest crush on him it's sad."

"It's not like he'll ever notice me so it's nothing." I huff. "Anyways, is that a yes?"

"You don't have to ask." Adam chuckles. "Trouble with your Mom?"

"When is there never trouble with her?"

"Okay, true." He says. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yes."

"I've been kinda wanting to tell you for a while now." I lean on my elbows and look at him.