Seventeen

{edited}

May POV {before}

Harry rolls off of me and lays down.

This time I'm at his apartment, which means I get to do the walk of shame. After a few moments I toss my hair into a messy bun and put on my clothes.

"We're not going again?" Harry rests on his elbows. A greedy smile going on his lips.

"I got c-class." I gulp.

"Come over tonight then?"

I nod. "Okay." I smile gently. "Anyways, I'll lock the door on my way out."

"Thanks love." I leave his bedroom and take a deep breath.

I hate that Adam's right.

This is the fifth time we've just had sex, nothing more and around the third time I felt empty. It gets worse the more I do it.

It's not like the sex is bad, because it's not. It's far from. I'm just doing this for all the wrong reasons.

I open the door to the stairwell and start walking.

"May wait up!" Cody's voice calls. I look up and see he's on the flight above me. "I find it nice that you're this determined to take the steps everyday." Cody says beside me as we walk down.

"I don't have any other choice so."

"You can take the elevator." I glance toward him.

"I'll stick with the s-stairs." He chuckles gently.

"How was your weekend?" Cody asks. I bite my lip.

"F-fine, I guess. You?" I ask. My hands go inside my coat pockets.

"It was okay. Pretty boring." I bite my lip and nod. "How are you and your boyfriend?"

"I don't have a bo-boyfriend." I laugh.

"Sorry, I mean uh ex." Cody runs his hand through his brown messy hair.

"He's an ex for a reason." I pick at my lower lip. "How are y-you and your g-girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend." I nod.

"That's hard to believe."

"How?"

"You seem to be p-pretty popular w-with the ladies a-around campus. I'd just assume you're dating one of them."

"No, I'm not a big fan of relationships." Cody pauses. "But, it doesn't mean I'm not looking, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand."

"Are you looking?"

"Eh, I'm just going with the flow right now." I glance up to him. His eyes meet mine briefly. I look away and continue the last two steps.

Cody and I step into the lobby. Harry walks past and looks at us. "Hey man." Cody greets Harry. My face falls.

They know each other?

"Hey." Harry glances towards me. "Taking the stairs now?" Harry asks his friend.

"I'll um talk to you later." I dismiss myself. Harry smirks.

Smirks.

Motherfucker.

"No, don't go. Um," He looks to Harry who has his head tilted. I bite down. "Yeah, I need the exercise." Cody answers his question.

"I assume so. I gotta go. We're still on for tonight?" He asks me making my face heat.

"Sure." He walks away and my eyes narrow.

***

"Can I get you anything?" Harry asks me as I step into his apartment.

"No, I'm good thanks." He nods. He takes a step toward me but I move back. His eyebrows furrow. "So you know Cody?" I ask. His face falls.

"I do, why?"

"Just curious." I pause. "There's no reason why you had to mention that we're still on tonight in front of him, right?"

"Does your little lover not know that we're friends?"

"He's not my little lover."

"I heard he had a little lover." I stare at Harry who's grinning at me.

"Are you referring to dick?" I ask. "Or that he is with someone?"

"Both." He moves close toward me until my back is against the wall and he's body is only inches away from me.

"He told you that I am with him?" My eyebrows furrow.

"No." Harry twirls my hair with his fingertips. "He just has his eye on someone." His eyes glare up at me. "Someone who is my friend."

"Sadie?" Harry snickers.

"No, but it's whatever." Harry licks his lips and looks at me.

"If it's whatever why did you have to mention it?"

"Is our friendship a secret?"

"No, but it sounded wrong." His eyes glare at me. "Plus you could've texted me instead of saying in front of him."

"Do you like him?"

"As what a friend?"

"Or more." Harry adds.

"He's a nice friend to have. I don't know if I like him as a boyfriend."

As he speaks, our eye contact doesn't break. "Okay, well if he takes it wrong that's his problem not mine." His hands start to unbutton my jeans making me laugh. His dimples go on his cheeks.

***

"Did you want to watch a movie or something?" Harry asks while sliding on his shirt.

"You want to watch a movie?" I ask. Usually after we have sex he dismisses me.

"We're friends too. Friends watch movies." I smile gently. We sit on his couch. My back relaxes into the sofa.

Harry turns on his Netflix and he scrolls through. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Something cringy." He laughs.

"Greys Anatomy then?" I scoff and my eyes widen.

"Take that back." He just gives me a smug smile. "But, if you're offering to put it on then I'm not complaining." Harry groans and starts the show.

"I'll get the ice cream." I bite my lip and grin.

A://N

i'm so fucking bored today and idk why

enjoy the triple update

~lauren