Adorable Advice

After spending an hour with Chester today I finally reached home. It had been a few days since our kiss and things had been a little awkward. However, neither of us cared enough to stop hanging out. I stepped in the front door and shrugged off my coat, kicking off my shoes. Then I glanced around the hallway. Tomorrow I would be travelling back home, and I didn't know how to feel about that. Chester was devastated.

"Aria, darling? Can you come here for a minute?" Auntie May called.
"Okay," I called back, hurrying to the living room. I stopped in the archway and there she sat, her hands clasped in her lap. She smiled up at me when I entered and I cautiously walked over, sitting down beside her. "What's up?" I asked as casually as I could. She laughed softly at that.
"You've been spending a lot of time out of the house these past few days," she noted, leaning back into the couch.
"Yeah...just hanging out with friends," I shrugged. She knows...
"Any friends in particular?" She asked and I pressed my lips together.
"Tina?" I suggested. It wasn't a lie, I had seen her since the kiss. But I had a feeling Tina wasn't who Auntie May was talking about. She sighed then, rolling her eyes at me in exasperation. "The twins told me you've been going out to see Chester," she said and I silently cursed them. So much for the promise they had made not to tell.

"We're sorry, Aria. We couldn't keep it to ourselves!" Ro exclaimed, appearing in the doorway with Denny as if they had heard me cursing them. They sat down on either side of me, pouting. "You're not mad, are you?" Denny asked innocently. After a moment I sighed then shook my head. "Your mum was going to find out at some point anyway," I admitted, crossing my arms.
"So, is he your prince?" Ro asked excitedly and I laughed.
"Yes, I think so. A very pretty prince," I said and Ro squealed with delight while Denny made gagging sounds. Auntie May tried to give him a stern look but couldn't help smiling. "Have you told your mum or dad yet?" She asked me and I vigorously shook my head, my eyes widening.
"No! Not yet. It's not like we're officially dating or anything anyway!"
"Well, I like him! You should take him on a date to the beach. You can get ice cream!" Ro suggested and I grinned.
"What about you, Denny. Do you like him?" Auntie May asked, nudging him.

I glanced down at him as he stared contemplatively in front of him. Then he looked up at me, asking, "Do you really like him?"
"Yes, of course!" I laughed, blushing.
"Then I like him as well," he nodded. "He's funny and has a cool car," he added under his breath and I gently shoved him. Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out, opening up my messages. "Speak of the devil..." I muttered.
"Go answer him. Dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes," Auntie May said and I stood up. The twins got up as well as if they were going to follow me but Auntie May both glared at them and they sulked back into the couch. My phone vibrated again as I made my way up the stairs and I began to text back.

Me: Didn't I just see you?
Chester: Maybe. I have a question.
Me: Go ahead.
Chester: Are we dating or...
Chester: ???

I sat for a moment. Were we dating? It didn't really seem like dates when we were with each other but...

Me: Do you think we are?
Chester: I don't know. I'd like to date you.
Me: Should we date then? ;)
Chester: Haha, alright city girl.
Me: Seaside boy.
Chester: Girlfriend.
Chester: ;)

I leaned my head on my knees where I was now sitting. Dear god, he could so easily make me blush.

Me: Thanks a lot, idiot. I'm blushing now.
Chester: Cutie...
Me: Excuse me?
Chester: I'll see you tomorrow.
Me: Okay. I'll be leaving at about 11am.
Me: Don't be late.
Chester: I won't be. Love you.

I blushed again, grinning like an idiot.

Me: I love you too.