Sunshine And Love

"I'm just going out for a walk," I called as I left the house. My mind was in a whirl. Ever since Chester's phone call last night I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him. Had he really meant all that he'd said or had that just been the alcohol talking? I couldn't be sure and it bothered me.

I'd decided to go for a walk around town. Really, I wanted to find Chester, but I knew I wouldn't be able to. He always found me though, so I just hoped his hangover wasn't too bad this morning. I hugged my arms to myself to prevent my hands from shaking as I made my way into town. It was a sunny day, not a single cloud in the sky. I wondered what it was like at home right now, whether or not the weather was nice across there.

After making it into town I glanced around for a while. I probably looked really weird to everyone who walked past me, what with me staring around wildly in search of someone. If I could even just here the rev of a motorbike engine I would be able to find him. Or at least find a friend of his who could point me in the direction of his house. I needed to see him, sooner rather than later. Calling him hadn't worked.

"Hey city girl," a voice said behind me and I spun around.
"Chester! Hi!" I grinned, my heart beat jumping up.
"Have you been trying to get a hold of me?" he asked curiously and I nodded, trying to calm myself down.
"Yeah! Uh...it's not important. I just wondered if you wanted to hang out?" I said.
"Uh...sure. But could you not have waited a while. I have a splitting headache," he sighed, beginning to walk. I walked along beside him, struggling to keep up with his long strides. "Sorry. Hangover?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yep. Wait..." he glanced down at me in confusion. "How did you know about-"

Chester stopped abruptly in his tracks, his eyes widening. I stopped with him, my heart beating harder with every passing second. "I called you last night..." he whispered.
"Yes, you did," I replied.
"I was talking about the first time we met. About..." he trailed off, closing his mouth as a brilliant blush flooded his cheeks. His eyes met mine and I felt my own cheeks flush with colour. His eyes darted between both of mine and then he nervously ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't..?"
"Didn't what?" I asked quietly, my breath catching in my throat.
"Tell you I love you," he whispered and a small smile made its way onto my face.
"You did," I said and he covered his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" he exclaimed and I laughed. The sun felt warm on my face and I stared in complete awe at the effect the sun had on Chester. His tan looked more golden and his hair was sleek and shiny. I restrained myself from touching his hair and took a hold of his hands instead, pulling them away from his face. He stared at me in despair and I furrowed my eyebrows. "You weren't supposed to know. Not yet!" he said and I shook my head with a smile.
"Why not, Chester? I don't mind, really! In fact..." I trailed off as I weighed up what I was about to say. "I actually really like you too."

Chester stared then, his mouth falling open. It was the first time I had ever seen him look so shocked. "Y-you...huh?" he asked and I laughed again.
"I love you, Chester Preston. Your stupid comments and your cool demeanour that is really just a mask to hide the softie you actually are. I didn't think I could ever fall in love with a person in two weeks but here it is! I love you," I said in a rush and as soon as I finished Chester's face broke into a heart warming grin. He put a hand on my cheek, cupping my face and running his thumb over my cheek. Then we leaned toward each other and our lips touched, briefly at first, but enough. I smiled and then he kissed me again, smoothing my curly hair away from my face. There was an aching in my heart and I realised just then how long I had wanted this to happen.

We finally parted and a bright smile held both of our faces. We stared at each other for a long moment and then we began to laugh. I loved Chester and he loved me. Everything was bright and beautiful.