VI - Count on Me

BAMBAM

Before they knew it, they were at the dance studio and the boys got out of the van. Jackson looked at Bambam, to check if he's doing okay on his own then went ahead to join the others. Bambam stayed behind, fixing his stuff before following the others inside the studio.

He noticed that Mark is also lagging behind, joining him as he walked to the studio.

"I heard you last night,' Mark said, bumping his shoulder against Bambam.

"Huh? What? I'm sorry, what was that, Mark-hyung?" Bambam asked, disoriented and not really understanding what Mark meant.

"I said I heard you last night. When you said, ya know - that you love Jackson. I heard you," Mark answered, blushing. Not really wanting to look at Bambam but finding that he needed to anyway.

"Oh. Oh! Ahmm..." Bambam could not find the words to explain anything to Mark. He also does not have it in him to deny anything, to tell Mark that it is not true, that he might have misheard things, that he didn't really confess his feelings to the sleeping Jackson. He does not want to deny anymore.

"Uhmm. What can I say? I love him. And it's getting harder to hide. I'm sorry. I would understand if you tell the others. I swear, I don't mean to hide things. I would not take advantage of Jack, too. I know he's your best friend, Mark-hyung. I wouldn't take advantage of our friendship. I am trying to tell him. Or not tell him. I really don't know what I'm doing right now," Bambam let out a deep breath after that, clearly exasperated and just on the verge of getting frustrated too.

"Hey, don't think like that. I told you that I heard what you said not because I wanted to put you on the spot or anything. I understand your situation, Bam. More than you can ever know. And no, I am not telling anyone about what I heard or what we talked about today. Your secret is safe with me, until the time you are ready to come clean. Well, maybe come clean not to the world but at least to Jackson. He deserves to know, don't you think?" Mark ended with a question.

"I'm scared. I don't know what will happen if he finds out but you're right. I am going to tell him. It's just, I want to do it on my own time," Bambam said with a smile.

Mark placed his arm around Bambam's shoulder and then patted him on the back before saying, "I will support you no matter what." Bambam couldn't help but smile and give Mark a hug in return.

"Thank you, Mark-hyung. Thank you for not freaking out about me being attracted to, you know what I mean. Seriously, thank you!"

Mark laughed at what Bambam was saying and ruffled the latter's hair. "We are exactly in the same boat. Same exact boat," Mark said, face suddenly turning serious and pensive.

To say that Bambam was shocked that Mark would say they are in the same boat is an understatement. He sputtered, "Uhmm, same boat? Wait... what same boat? You mean, Jackson... You also have feelings for him? Oh my God! What?!" Bambam could not control his own voice at this point, nearly yelling with shock and amazement at what he is hearing from Mark.

"What? What are you talking about? And first, stop yelling. Oh my God! I think half of Korea heard you, thank you very much," Mark countered, clearly frustrated.

"Second, no! I am not attracted to Jackson. I love that idiot like a brother. It's someone else. But yeah, it's a he. Complicated, huh?" he asked, face turning beet red from embarrassment.

Understanding dawned on Bambam and he suddenly felt bad that he has not exerted a bit of an effort to get closer to Mark. He had always found the older a bit intimidating because he really does not talk much and prefers to be quiet most of the time, unlike Jackson who is a total social butterfly – which is what has drawn him to Bambam in the first place.

"It is okay, Mark-hyung. We can be together in this insanity. And thank you, for trusting me with this. I won't break it, I promise," Bambam solemnly promised. Mark laughed.

"Let's go, the others are probably wonderingwhat happened to us now." They walked together and entered the dance studio.When they got inside, Bambam saw that Jackson was looking at the door, and hisface lit up when he saw Bambam get in. Bambam gave him a smile before going totalk to Jaebum.