The Next Day

Kaiakrata: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVEEEE A WINNER!

(The sleeping audience suddenly awakens with a start)

Kaiakrata: ANNND FOR OUR NEXT EXCITING EVENT, WE HAVE WITH US TONIGH- what? ...I don't think... oh, I see... THIS MORNING, THE BRIDGE BETWEEN BOTH WORLDS-

Aang: (Whispers) Well, here it comes- someone pretending to be me...

Kaiakrata: THE ONE, THE ONNNNLLLLLYYYYY...

Aang: (Rolls his eyes)

Kaiakrata: AVATAAAAARRRRRR!!!!

(Audience cheers)

Aang: (Folds his arms grumpily at first, but then bugs his eyes out when a spotlight falls on him)

(The people sitting next to Aang appear deeply concerned)

Kaiakrata: HE FACES THE WORST OF THIS WORLD, BUT IN THE SPOTLIGHT FINDS A PACIFIST OUTLOOK! LOOKS LIKE WE'LL HAVE TO GIVE HIM A CHEER IF WE WANT HIM IN THE RING! LET'S HEAR IT!

(The audience's cheering intensifies)

Aang: Guys, I'm not some kind of pro-bending-

Sokka: Aang, come on! Let em' have it!

Aang: Sokka, it's against Toph! My earth bending teacher! I can't just-

(Aang is finds himself ceremoniously dumped into the ring)

Toph: Well, well. If it isn't twi- ...the avatar himself. You seriously want to face me here and now? In front of all these people?

(Toph's words excite the crowd)

Aang: (Through clenched teeth) Toph- you know I don't!

Toph: There's nothing wrong with being scared, avatar. I'll even let you use your air bending to run out of the ring!

(Audience "boo"s)

Aang: You'll let me use air bending?

Toph: If that's what you're comfortable with... I mean, we already know you can be a little air-headed-

Aang: (Does some quick thinking, then in a split-second blasts Toph out of the ring with a forceful air current)

(Audience stares blankly, not sure if they should be amazed, disappointed, or both)

Aang: ...Are we done here, or...?

Kaiakrata: WE HAVE A WINNER!!

(Audience applauds, mainly for not having to hear Kaiakrata drag out the "winner" line again. Aang retakes his seat. Then, a drum roll plays in the background, sending a hush through the masses)

Kaiakrata: Now, we leave behind all cheap tactics, and cheap thrills. Now, we see the true power of earth bending. Now, we witness the true spirit of Earth Kingdom combatants...

(The stadium begins to shift. Seats are made level with one another. Everything- the ring, the audience- it's all raised through an opened roof, giving a remarkable vista of the rising sun in a cloudless sky)

Kaiakrata: For now, we will see the most powerful benders in the entire Earth Kingdom in a fight for glory... which is why I must ask THAT YOU GIVE IT UP FOR YOUR HERO, YOUR LEGEND, YOUR FORMER LEADER, KIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG BUMIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

(Audience stares, silent for a moment, but then in a slow rise in passionate enthusiasm proceeds to freak in their excitement... everyone except for six people seated in the middle, whose reactions are a mixed, to say the least)

Aang: ...At least he's not kidnapped.