Eight

I didn't have any classes this Thursday which was for the better since I had a gigantic hangover.

After taking an Advil and eating a poached egg I felt a little more energized and literally spent my day  by watching videos of Lauren and Fifth Harmony on youtube. What can I say, it was worth it. I found out while looking at Lauren's instagram that she was with a rapper, Ty something. I guess that was her kind-of relationship she told me about.

Naturally I wasn't too happy about that because that'd mean I didn't even have a shot in the first place. Nor was I gonna chase after her. So I guess, friends.

After I spoiled myself to a pack of ramen noodles for dinner because #collegelife, I decided to go out for a run. Our campus is fairly large and because many students stay in at night, running at this time felt very peaceful.

Twenty minutes into my run, thick coat of sweat on my rather red face, I suddenly got a FaceTime call from Lauren. In all honesty I knew she would call tonight but I would've expected later at night.

Alright, who am I kidding? I figured she wouldn't call. Because she still seemed mad.

I stopped running and looked around. I was on the West-side of Campus, the library was towering over me and thus effectively keeping the sun away from my view.

My phonescreen was still lit up with the words Incoming FaceTime call Lauren. Her picture, the only picture she'd sent me, lighting up my entire screen. I could've just picked any picture of her off of the internet, but this one felt more special.

I hesitated on anwering Lauren's call but after taking another look at my phone I didn't hesitate to answer. Her picture on my screen made my heart swell.

The call started connecting and I walked to a bench nearby, re-adjusting my earphones.

A happily looking Lauren came up on the screen and her small smile grew wider when she saw me.

"Hey Y/N/N" she waved a little.

I was a bit taken aback by her positive attitude, I figured she'd still be mad at me but appearantly not.

"Hey Lo, what's up" I let out a relieved sigh when her smile didn't disappear.

"Oh you know, just talking to some asshole" she giggled at her own joke and winked at me. Damn, she had beautiful eyes.

I chuckled and felt my cheeks get a little red. "Fair enough. I am really sorry about that" I send her an apologetic look.

She looked at me curiously before shaking herself out of it.

"Honestly it's okay. I overreacted a little bit as well" she held up her hand, index finger a mere millimeter away from her thumb.

I let out a laugh. "That little, huh?"

She smiled a goofy smile and nodded. "Yeah".

It became a little bit quiet and a dude on a skateboard zipped by, his wheels on the paved road the only sound to be heard from my side of the phone.

"Are you on a run?" She squinted her eyes to look closer at the screen.

"Yeah, just to get away a bit" I locked eyes with her. "What did you do at the studio today?"

"I can't tell you", she put her index finger on her mouth making a hushing sound.

"Ahw, come on dude" I whined.

"No, dude" she shook her finger disapprovingly.

"Please princessa?" I asked again. My heart beat a little louder when I saw Lauren turning her head down, a blush creeping onto her face.

"Are you blushing babe?" I teased her.

"Shut up, pendejo" she shot back, her eyes locking with mine. They showed happiness.
And fuck did that make her pretty, especially when she talked in Spanish.

"Hot" I retorted while she just laughed. The blush had disappeared from her face. I took the time to look at the background of her screen while she took a sip from the waterbottle beside her.

It appeared she was sitting in some hotel room. Maybe on the bed? No, she was sitting on the floor using the end of the bed as a back rest.

She looked cute, she was wearing an oversized black sweater. Her arms hidden away in the long, too long, sleeves. A part of me wondered if it was Ty's. The thought made me both jealous and sad and I haven't even met the girl yet.

"What you thinking 'bout?"

I was shook out of my thoughts. "Oh.. uhm" I tore my gaze away from her and onto my shoes. They were Nike's white Free RN Running shoes. And all of a sudden I was fascinated by the swoosh-logo. It looked funny the longer you looked at it.

"Hey" Lauren's voice got me out of my thoughts again. "What are you thinking about Y/N?"

You. You and Ty. You. You and I, as internet friends.

"Nothing" I shook my head. "I gotta get back to my dormitory though. It's getting darker so"  I made a popping sound with my lips. I don't know why.

She nodded in understanding but before I could say my goodbyes she said my name.

"Mhmm" I hummed as a sign I was listening.

"Thanks" she shot me a small smile.
I didn't knew what for she thanked me, so I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Just, for ya know.. you." She took a breath to recollect her words.

"Being you and letting me be me" she looked at my reaction rather closely. She looked so close that she probably saw the chipped corner of my left front tooth as I happily smiled at her.

"It's my pleasure" I added a wink to put Lauren at ease. "You're beautiful when you're you" I shot her a small smile. Not a smirk. I didn't mean to flirt, just meant to tell the truth.

She blushed and rolled her eyes at me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Whatever, heartbreaker" she playfully shot.

I held my hand on my chest playfully "right now, you're the heartbreaker".

She scoffed and then send me a dorky smile which I happily returned. We stared at eachother until I saw the lanterns switch on making me break our unintentional staring competition.

"Laur, I really gotta go now".

She pouted at me and I chuckled at her cute face. I didn't budge though. When she realised I would never budge she just let out a long sigh.

"Alright, fine. Go jog your lazy ass back to your dorm". I scoffed.

"I am not lazy" I pouted my lips at her. "But you're right, I gotta go"

"Can we still text tonight?" She quizzed.

And I almost told her no. No, maybe you can text your boyfriend. But I didn't. I shook away those thought. Those unfriendly, jealous thoughts.

"Of course, bye Lo".

"Bye Y/N/N"  and then Lauren ended the call and left me to jog back to my dorm, on the other side of campus.