Six

My phone lit up with the incoming FaceTime call from Lauren. I honestly didn't knew whether to answer or just ignore her.

I was mad at her, beyond mad, disappointed. We have been talking for a month, ever since my birthday we have also been calling eachother daily. Just to check up on eachother's life and now she's sending me pics of a hot celebrity.

Ugh. She told me if I didn't pick up she'd be done with me. Do I want her to be done with me, even if she lied about her appearance?
Ugh, again.

My phone had been ringing for about twenty seconds, if I wouldn't pick up soon Lauren would probably end the call. And that frightened me in. I couldn't lose her because of her insecurity or my stubborness.

In a rushed motion, all of a sudden afraid she'd hang up, I accepted the call.

The call was connecting. I could vaguely see my own reflection in the lower right corner. I looked relatively okay, I didn't wear any make-up but I did wear my favorite yellow T-shirt that was a bit oversized. My hair was loose and I figured it be good if it stayed that way so I could hide away if I needed to.

All of a sudden the screen changed and an abstract figure popped up. I held my breath. After mere seconds the camera focused and I could see Lauren. Lauren Jauregui. The girl I had been talking to.

I wasn't starstruck by the fact that Lauren Jauregui was on the other side of my cracked screen, I was feeling rather guilty actually. By the fact I didn't believe that Lauren Jauregui could be the girl on the other side of my screen..

I swallowed loudly, but the lump in my throath wouldn't disappear. Fuck. I had called her a liar for no reason at all and ignored her. But I mean, come on. Who would've believed a random girl you met online coukd turn out to be in a multi-platinum selling girlgroup?!

It stayed quiet, totally quiet. We didn't speak. Lauren gazed at me, her emerald green eyes deadset on my own pair of eyes, which at the moment were cowardly looking anywhere but hers.

So naturally, my eyes darted down the screen. To her mouth. Her plump lips formed a straight line. The ends of her mouth might have pointed up a little upon seeing me but I wasn't sure.

Fuck. She's beautiful.
Fuck. I screwed up.

In a hopeless bid to end this awkward silence I cleared my troath and let out a rather scratchy "hey".
It came out shy, timid, ashamed, which I of course was.

"Y/N?" She asked awaiting a formal confirmation to put me in my place.

I nodded and smiled sheepishly. As a reaction her mouth formed the start of a smile before her head caught up with her body and she pursed her lips together again.

"I'm Lauren Jauregui. You already knew that though you didn't believe me earlier" she spoke. Her voice was loud and clear, nothing shy about it, all business. She was angry, most definitely. If I hadn't known that before I called her, she made sure I knew now.

I nodded once again. "Lauren, I'm so-" I was abruptly cut off by her whisper.

"Don't" she had replaced her angry eyes for ones that started getting watery and bit down on the inside of her cheeks to keep from crying.

She looked away from the camera and spoke
"I fucking thought we believed eachother.
We were friends and instead of trying to find out if it was really me you just.. ignored me" she looked back at me again.

A stray tear rolling down her cheek. I caused that. I felt this thud in my belly as if somebody just stepped on it, physical pain.

"I just called to show you it was really me, that's all. Have a good night Y/N." And with that she ended the FaceTime call. No babe, no Y/N/N, not even pendejo. Just Y/N. Just stupid Y/N who jumps to conclusions instead of listens to stories.

I fucked up, badly.