Seven

I figured I let her cool off for a day or two. Maybe then when I called her she'd actually answer. But no, of course not. She denied every call of mine. So on the first of november I resorted back to our original way of communication; texting.

1 november 2017
[09:05 am]
Hey Laur, I hope that you slept well x

After taking my class of Academic Writing I went back to my dorm.  I checked my phone but no response from Lauren. I admit it wasn't really a text that invited any kind of response so I decided to shoot her another text, just like my friends advised me to do after telling me about twenty times how much I screwed up. As if I didn't know. But I mean, wasn't she overreacting a little? How could I've known it was really her.

[13:12 pm]
I am incredibly sorry for not believing you, I like to believe we're still friends. I don't wanna lose you because of my stupidness. Laur I miss talking to you xx

Four hours later, after doing all my homework for tomorrow, I decided to go to the local talkhouse. The talkhouse was this small café on campus where most of the students resided in the afternoon after classes.

As I walked in I was greeted by my friends, Brian and Rosie. They were sat in a booth beside the entrance and Rosie immediately hauled me into a hug after seeing the moody look on my face.

I chuckled and slung both my arms around her, after I slid next to Brian and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey girl" he said and pulled me into him. "Hey Brian" I responded tiredly.

"What's up with you babe?" Rosie asked, looking at me worried from the other side of the table.

"Just.." I sighed and shut my eyes close "Lauren".

Brian squeezed my shoulder upon hearing this and Rosie just gave me a sad smile and put three of her fingers up to signal for a round of beers.

"She's still not talking to you?" Rosie asked.

I shook my head and sat back up straight. "No, I don't blame her but come on.. it happened days ago".

Rosie mumbled something inaudible and Brian turned to me. "She should get over it, I mean sure you ignored her which sucks but it was understandable that you didn't believe her, right?"

I think he only added the right?  to make his statement less bold and more neutral which didn't help.

I nodded my head at them and let them talk while I just continued looking at the lockscreen of my phone; a picture of me and my grandmother taken on the day of my birthday. The day that I heard Lauren's voice for the first time. I washed the uneasiness at the back of my troath away with the newly served beer and unlocked my phone.

Lauren still hasn't answered so I shot her another text.

[17:28 pm]
You're ignoring me now because I ignored you. That's only fair, I'm ready to talk whenever you are x

After sending the text I kept the phone in my hand, staring dumbly at the screen. I took my eyes off my phone and just then my phone vibrated. My eyes shot to the most recent text.

Lauren
[17:28 pm]
Even though it would be understandable to ignore you back, I'm not like you. I was busy in the studio all day today since I am a singer remember? Do you believe me or do I need to beg for a chance to prove it to you?

Oops. She had a valid point though, instead of apologizing I basically accused her of ignoring me.

I felt Brian tapping my shoulder after spying on my conversation. "She's just upset" he whispered. As if that's better than mad.

"Hey, let's just not talk about Lauren for a while, okay?" she suggested. I just nodded meekly and gulped down my drink.

We stuck around in the talkhouse  'till the morning came and I woke up in my own bed, luckily, with a hangover, not so luckily.

Lauren and I hadn't communicated normally for about four days and it started to get me a little down so when I checked for my texts I was overjoyed to see a message from her after my text from last night;

2 november 2017
[03:54 am]
--.-..--- .-...----
[03:57 am]
That iz remorrse code becus Y/N is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy sorwy

I made a mental sidenote to never text when drunk.

Lauren
[07:30 am]
It is not. Don't get drunk on weekdays. I'm busy rn
[07:36 am]
I'll facetime tonight k?

I decided not to respond to the first message although bossy Lauren was kind of hot.

[10:13 am]
Ahh finally