V

*Two Weeks Later*

Flashback: "Please Connor! Fight! Stay alive!" I cried, watching the heart line go flat. The nurses rushed me out, there was no chance of me being able to see him. I sat, for two hours, waiting, and praying. I want him back, I need him back. I waited, two hours, but the nurses kept working on him.

  I couldn't watch. I had to leave, I went to my parents rooms. They were still alive, and slightly conscious. My mum, she was able to talk a little. And my dad, he could move his hands and arms a little.

  I stayed with them for an hour, then left to let them sleep. I walked outside of the hospital, and sat on a bench. It began to get chilly after a while, so I went back inside, to Connors room. He was asleep, again.

  "Please, Wake up...Connor!"

  I jolted awake, having the same flashback as seem to gave every night. Of that day, two weeks ago. Where my parents were awake, and Connor...he wasn't good. He was in the most horrible position.

   I should've went with them, even if I did go, and this happened, I would be at least been with Connor...and try, tty my hardest to fight for him.

   I began to cry, looking at Connor. I did the same thing I did everyday, stand beside his bed, and hold his hand. Stroke his hair, hold his face, and pray that he would wake up.

   I want to hear his voice, see that smile that always gives me butterflies, see those ocean blue eyes that I always get lost in. And maybe, just maybe, be able to truly call him mine. Because, that's all I want.

   I gently kissed his cheek, and heard my stomach growl. I haven't eaten in a few days. It might be best to get some food.

   Before I left Connor's room, I looked at him, then walked to the vending machine.

  I planed on getting a sub and a frapichino but realized I was a dollar short. "Ugh. Just great!" I said to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and jumped up, turning around.

   There was an old lady. She placed her hand on my arm and asked "Are you alright dear? You look like you haven't eaten in a few days, and that you've been crying for months" I felt her wipe a tear off my cheek, which I didnt even notice I was beginning to cry.

  I hesitated, then told her everything. She nodded when I said something important. "You've been through some tough times at the moment. But, you might need to rehydrated, and energize yourself, before you end up in a bed here of your own" we both starting laughing at this.

   She was nice enough to hand me a few dollars to get me some food. "Here, go get you something to eat, dearie" she said. I mouthed a 'thank you' and hugged her. She nodded then headed to where she was originally headed.

   I heard my phone ringing, and it was my friend Tristan. I've know him a but longer then I've known Connor, but I've been with Connor more than him, since his parents made him.switch schools and I was never able to see him again.

   I answered, and tried to sound as calm possible. "Tr-tristan?" My voice began to crack. "Melanie? Melanie!" he sounded like he was crying. I tried to calm my breathing, so he could understand what I was saying.

   I told him everything. Including, the note. "I just want him to stay with me" I finished. The line went silent, I coukd hear faint sobbing on the other side. This had been emotional for both of us.

  "I'm coming Mel, just stay where you are" after he said that, he hung up. I couldn't hold back anymore tears. I broke down, crying. Praying , for everything...