III

I woke up the nest morning in the hospital chair. I looked over at Connor and he was peacefully sleeping. So, I walked over and gently held his hand. "Please wake up"

   All of a sudden, one of the machines started beeping. The nurses rushed in, and took me outside the room.

   Then all I could see was the heart moniter. The line was starting to go flat. And I started crying.

   Scared I would Loose Connor. Scared I would loose my best friend, my other half, my secret keeper, my shoulder to cry on. The love of my life.

   I heard the nurses rushing around, trying to save him. I could watch. I went to were my parents were. They were both laying in their beds. Motionless.

   There was a nurse standing by their door. "May I go in?" I asked her. She nodded. I walked in, and stood in the gap betweens their beds.

   I held my fathers hand in one of mine, and mums hand with the other. I couldn't bear to see this. The only people I loved the most, and they might never even wake up.

   In walked out the room, then walked outside the hospital. I havent been outside for almost two days.

    I called Chloe, and she answered imediatly. "Mel?" She asked. I was still sniffling and trying to hold back tears. "How are they?" She asked concerned. I told her everything, except what Connor and me talked about. 

  "Oh dear! You need a little break hun. How about I come and pick you up and we can go out to eat or something." I replied with a weak "Sure" and waited on the bench in front of the Hospital.

   I played on my phone for a while before I saw Chloe's familiar Ford Ranger pull up. She got out and gave me a huge hug. I broke down, and started crying in her shoulder.

   She comforted me and rubbed my back. I told her about what's going on. We got in her car and we headed to Taco Bell. I order what I normally get. And we sat and started talking about anything we could think of.

   "I still have to talk to Connors parents" my voice began to crack up. I finished my food and Stood up. "We should go to Connors house. Hus parents need to know."

   We took an hour drive to Connors house. I got out of the car and walked up to the door. I took a deep breath before knocking. His mum opened the door, and looked at me.

     "Where's Connor?" I looked at her and looked down. I heard her gasp and she hugged me. "I'm sorry. But Connors in critical condition at the hospital...and he might....he-he might n-nor survive." I couldn't hold back the tears, and they came rushing out.

    She pulled me into a hug. Chloe decided it would be best to let us be for right now. Me and his mum walked inside. We sat on the couch, and I told her what happened.

   She noticed my necklace and pointed at it. "Did he give it to you?" She asked. I looked at it and held it between my fingers. "I didnt know when he was planning to give it to me. One of the nurses said she found it in hus coat pocket. And then I read the note" I told her what the nite said and she smiled.

    "You know, Connor really did love you. You're all he ever talked about. He hasn't had very good relationships in the past, cause you were all he could think about. Youre all he ever talked about. He would even come to me, asking for advice on how to tell you hus feelings. But he was too shy. So he wrote them down. He was going to give it to you, as a birthday present. But, as for now, all we can do is pray. And I just want you to know, that I'm here for you Melanie. And you can stay here for as long as you need to."

   She placed her hands over mine, then went into the kitchen. She came back a few minutes later with some mugs. "Here, have some tea" she said handing me a mug.

  I took a sip and smiled, I had always loved her tea. We talked for a little. "Would you like to see Connor?" I asked her. She nodded, trying to hold back tears.

   We got in the car and headed to the hospital. We walked up to Connors room and went inside. He was hooked up to more machine then when I left.

   His mum started crying. It was hard for her to see her son like this. And eventually I started crying to.

   I walked to one side of his bed, and held his hand. Altough he wasn't conscious and possible dying, I loved the way his hands felt in mine. His big musculatlr hands, in my small fragile ones.

   I stroked his face with my free hand, and gently tilted his head towards me. His mum went outside, as she couldn't handle seeing him like this.

   I stayed with Connor, hoping and praying, that I'll be able to see his ocean blue eyes, and hear his Scottish accent, soon.

---------

Whyyy do I keep doing this to mysellfff
The feeeels
They're strong
I'm actually crying
Likefr