Soulmates

Sorry for not posting in a while. I'm graduating in May from middle school and I'm entering high school soon.
•••
Some Vobi if you're interested :)

~~~~

Josh

"Josh, are you okay? You keep looking at your wrist." My best friend, Tobi, asked me. 

I sighed. "I've had this moon tattoo for so many years, but I haven't found my soulmate yet."

When someone turns 18, a soulmate tattoo appears on some part of the body where it's visible. For me, it appeared on the wrist, the most common area where it shows. When a so-called soulmate says your name, the tattoo glows. So far I had none of that. I'm now 24 years old, and I'm still looking for them.

Tobi found his soulmate around 22; his name is Vik. Even Tobi was surprised when he found out Vik had the same tattoo as him- a star- and that his soulmate was a male.

"You'll find them soon. Just don't expect it right away." Tobi told me.

I faked a smile. "Thanks mate. I hope you're right."

Then the rest of the walk back was silent except for a few cars that drove past in the night breeze. I was losing hope for finding my partner. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Hey, I have an idea. How about we go back into Central London tomorrow? If you don't find them there, we can try at JJ's party." Tobi said once we entered our flat.

As usual, JJ was having another party for absolutely no reason.

"Maybe. That's only if I'm in a good mood." I thought out loud.

"Josh, I know you by now. You definitely want to find your soulmate soon. I bet you might find him or her while we're walking around."

"Um- fine. Hope I get good luck this time." I sighed.

"Great! We can leave around dinner time so we can eat there. Deal?"

I thought about it for a short time. You may finally have a chance.

"Deal. Thanks Tobi."

"Hey. That's what friends are for."

Central London 18:23

Tobi and I kept walking through the busy streets, keeping an eye on someone who has a similar or related type of tattoo. But there was a huge problem- London is  HUGE place, so it's a tiny chance we'll find them today. Or ever. I gave a long groan.

"This is no use. London is a big place. It'll be close to impossible to find them right now." I grumbled to Tobi.

Tobi turned to face me once we stopped to rest. "Josh, let me tell you something. I know I'm younger than you by a few months, but I was just like you when I tried looking for my soulmate. I was giving up. But I didn't. I did what I was best at- gaming. Do what is best for you whether it's photography or playing with us. Who knows? Your soulmate can be a close friend, or like most times, a stranger. But don't give up just because you can't find them right away. Trust me, sooner or later you'll be with your soulmate." 

I smiled. I knew Tobi was right. I mean- he found his soulmate by not giving up.

Don't give up. You'll find your soulmate soon.

After about one more hour of walking around, the sun started to set. "Wanna head back now since it's getting dark? Maybe we'll find him at the party." Tobi asked me.

I nodded my head, trying to find hope... and my soulmate.

JJ's house 23:11

I sat at the corner of the house. I barely knew anyone here since JJ literally invites anyone he knows or is a friend of his. I kept surveying the whole place, looking for someone who caught my eye. In the corner of my eye, I notice Tobi scooting towards me. 

"Nothing yet?" I shook my head, taking a sip of my drink, finishing what remained at the bottom of the cup.

"Imma go get another shot in the kitchen. Be right back." I got out of my seat and headed towards the kitchen.

There was only one person who was in the kitchen. I gotta admit he looked very attractive. He was tall with dark blonde hair pulled back into a quiff. He wore a plain black shirt with an Adidas tracksuit and black Adidas. He also wore a ring around his pinkie finger. Probably has to do with family or something like that.

I walked over towards the counter to grab a drink, feeling his glance on my face. In the corner of my eye, I saw him approaching me.

Oh God he's coming in my direction.

"Hey." The guy said to me, making me look up from my cup.

He doesn't sound drunk...

"Hey." I replied back, thinking about what to say next. "Um- what's your name?"

"I'm Simon, and you?" Simon replied.

"Josh."

"That's a nice name." He stared at his sweater paw. "Is it ok-um- if I can see your tattoo?"

Wow, straight to the point.

I accepted, pulling up the sleeve of my hoodie, revealing the fancy crescent moon tattoo I've had for 6 years. I looked up, and I can see shock cover his whole face. 

"What's wrong Simon?" I asked. 

Just then he grabbed his left arm, quickly pulling up the sleeve. 

It was glowing. 

My jaw just dropped to the floor. There was no way this adorable looking guy was my soulmate. 

"Josh-" Simon said while his tattoo was glowing.

Just then I felt a sharp pain in my wrist. I looked down at it, and it was glowing as well. I looked back up at Simon, shock in both of our faces. I then peered at his tattoo once it stopped glowing. It was a sun, designed nicely just like mine.

 It was a sun, designed nicely just like mine

"That means-" I started.

"We're soulmates." Simon completed my sentence.

"I have been waiting for so long to find you." I moved closer towards him.

"Same with me." 

After what felt like 1000 years, I finally found my soulmate. A handsome man named Simon Minter. He was only 3 days younger than me which was quite ironic considering that we're soulmates. But that doesn't bother me. I've been looking for so long, and I found my true love.