[ 0 0 7 ] Join The Team!

I slid one foot in front of the other carefully. It had been a few months since I'd been on the ice, and I needed to get used to it again before trying anything too tricky. When I woke up, I suddenly had an urge to put on my old skates and get back on the ice. So that's exactly what I did..

I crossed my right foot over my left, turning and tilting as I practiced my crossovers. Noticing a hockey stick leaning on the right side of the glass, I skated over quickly and picked it up. It felt so natural as it sat in my hand. I left the hockey stick on the ground and walked off the ice, moving to the storeroom and I grabbed a puck.

An hour must have gone past as I skated around, chasing the puck.and having a great time.

"You know," a voice called. "You ain't bad." I spun around, and Dylan was leaning down onto the glass, observing me. He smirked and opened the gate, allowing himself onto the ice. "I didn't know you could skate." Dylan held a hockey stick and he pushed his dark hair back.

I chuckled, "wow you don't know something." I found myself skating backwards as he did forward. "What are you doing?"

"Pass." he called. I shrugged and passed him the punk easily. He stopped it with his hockey stick, and began stalking towards me quite fast.

We played for awhile, passing the puck back and forth. He defended the goal while I tried to get it passed him, succeeding only a few times. He was no pushover, but neither was I.

"I'm impressed." Dylan said as we took a break, sitting on the bleachers. He pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it as he spoke. "Why didn't you join the team in school?"

My breath hitched, should I tell him the real reason? "Uh, I don't know." I lied.

"Well you've gotta join the team here." He spoke, a small smile on his face. "We can't play without another player."

I automatically shook my head, "no I can't do that."

Dylan ignored me and began typing away on his iPhone. "Too late," he said after a moment. "Already told the team that you'll play."

"Dylan what the heck?" I half yelled, cursing myself for even coming here today. "I'm not playing for a team. I'm too busy with my studies anyways."

Dylan shook his head and stood up. "It's done, I'll see you here tomorrow after classes for practice. Our first game will be this Sunday." I was about to retort, but Dylan quickly hustled his way out of the rink and didn't give me a chance to retaliate. Fuck ,there's no way I'm going to play with the team - with Dylan.

I walked into class - Dylan was already sitting beside Becks. Ever since a few days ago he has always been sitting in between me and Becks, and he's been pretty nice I'll admit. Although, I've been trying to take Becks advice and not get comfortable around him.

"Hey Ryder." He called as I took my seat next to him. This still felt so awkward, I hoped he would change and stop harassing me but I didn't expect this drastic of a change.

"Hey guys," I replied. Becks gave me a smile, but her eyes held a mixed emotion. After four years of friendship with her, I could tell when something was bothering her. Our professor soon walked in and he began showing us a slideshow of some different artworks that would hopefully inspire us for our big project.I really liked Mr. Jenkins. He was old, (at least I assume so because of his white hair and wrinkles) but he was very nice and down to earth. Today he wore a long, black coat and a pair of brown trousers, as well as his signature reading glasses perched upon his face.

"I hope you have all been working on your major artworks, as it will be due in two months along with a logbook." He spoke with a rusty tone. I glanced over at Dylan who seemed engrossed in what the professor was saying. I had never seen Dylan take any interest in Art during high school, so I had no idea what type of artwork he is into. It made me wonder why he suddenly got into it during college, and never before. Maybe he was into art but didn't want to risk his high school reputation by affiliating himself with it.

"Do you need something?" Dylan asked me with a curious tone, and I realized I was staring at him. He had such blue eyes, I'd never noticed that about him before.

"No, sorry." I ushered, trying to whisper. "I just never knew you were into art, that's all."

Dylan chuckled, "yeah I couldn't exactly associate myself with it back in high school." Ah, thought so. I really was starting to like this Dylan. Of course I can't put behind me what he did, but it's a start at least. Dylan glanced at Becks briefly, "are you guys coming to the party tonight?"

"I don't know if we can convince Ryder, but I'm going!" Becks replied with a small laugh.

"Is it really so hard to convince him?" Dylan mocked, smirking at me. "I think I can manage that."

I didn't' even bother asking how. Why does Dylan care if I go to the party anyways? He's got his own crowd and all he does at parties is hook up in the first place.

"I'd like to see you try," Becks mumbled in response. She clearly wasn't very happy that Dylan was sitting with us, nor that we were making conversation with him. I can't believe she actually dated him back in the day. Although, it didn't last long. Having two alphas in a relationship rarely does, after all. 

After class Dylan dragged me to the rink for practice. Even though I was super reluctant, practice proved to be quite fun, and the team were very welcoming and nice to me. They seemed super grateful that I joined when I did. So far, college boys proved to be miles more mature than high school seniors, and I even met a couple new friends on the team.

After about an hour and a half of practicing with the boys, I had stayed back for awhile and enjoyed tossing the puck around on the ice. I chucked my stick and the puck back into the storeroom, and made my way to the showers.

"Oh, hey Ryder." A familiar voice called my name when I had turned around to close the door behind me.

"Hey Dyl-" I spun around to greet him, but my mouth flung open. Dylan stood there with only a small towel covering his lower region. His shirtless body was dripping wet and he began to walk over to me. I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly shoved my hands in front of my face. "I'm sorry-I'll knock next time..." I squeaked.

Dylan let out a hearty chuckle, "it's alright." He said. I slowly moved my hands away from my face, and noticed Dylan was only centimeters away from me. I could almost taste his minty breath as he spoke again, "so I'll see you at the party then?" he asked, and I felt my back hit the solid door as he placed his arm next to me, pinning me there.

"What are you doing?" I asked, controlling my tone and breath - I wasn't going to let him get the satisfaction.

"Convincing you," was his short reply.

Gulping, I sighed. "Parties aren't usually my thing, Dylan." He seemed unmoved by me response, and I took the brief moment of silence to unknowingly allow my eyes to scan his body. 

"Nerds aren't usually my thing either, but hey." Dylan replied. He brought his hand back, intentionally brushing it against my side as he did. "I'll see you there.'

I stood there for a few minutes longer, trying to comprehend what had just happened. Was Dylan O'Nate... hitting on me? But, he's straight. He must have been just trying to manipulate me or something. Whatever it was, I ran straight to Beck's dorm room and pulled open the door.

"Becks." I called, grabbing her attention. "You won't believe what just happened."

"What?" she asked, looking curious.

"Dylan was in the shower room, and I didn't knock so he was like almost naked, and he like pinned me against the wall and asked me if I was coming to the party." I got it all out in one breath, impressive.

"That's... strange." Becks said, but she didn't seem too surprised. Which bothered me a little bit.

"Is there something you aren't telling me?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable with her uneasiness.

"Look Ryder, I would have told you this earlier - but he made me swear not to say anything and he does have shit on me that I wouldn't want getting out, which is why I didn't tell you earlier.."

"What is it?" I asked, feeling annoyed that she kept something from me.

"Dylan.. He's gay."