17. Returning to NYC

Regina

"Good morning princess" I hear someone say while I'm still half asleep. Princess? Robin never calls me that, but daddy always did.

"Daddy?" I open my eyes and look up at him.

He smiles at me "Yes, it's me. I brought you breakfast.".

"Breakfast in bed? Does mother know?" I ask knowing that she is not a fan of it.

He takes a deep breath "Yes she does. Though she wasn't too pleased when Robin told us he brings you breakfast in bed every morning. She told him not to spoil you, but when we were alone he told me he won't have any of it. I thought we could eat together." That way I won't have to go downstairs for breakfast only to get back up afterwards. Of course he didn't say that, but I know he thought it too.

"That sounds lovely, but where is Robin?" I ask, curious to know why I haven't seen him yet.

Sitting down on the side of my bed he says "He is downstairs having breakfast with the others.".

"Can you go and get him for me?"

"No, I told him I'd take care of you while we are here. Whatever it is that you need, I can help you too. Just tell me honey."

"I want to eat downstairs like everybody else." I state.

He asks me "What's wrong with eating here?"

"It's just it makes me feel excluded and I hate that. I know that's stupid." I say and look down at my hands trying not to look daddy in the eyes. A single tear falls down my cheek.

Daddy moves closer to me and pulls me into his arms. With his thumb he softly wipes away the tear "That's not stupid Regina. The whole situation is new for us. We don't know what you want or not. Please tell us if anything we do is wrong or makes you feel uncomfortable. That's the best way for us to learn. Don't ever think it's stupid, because it's not. Just talk to us, okay?".

"Okay I'll try." I promise him. And I'll try to talk to Robin as well. I stay in daddy's embrace a little longer, not ready to let go yet.

"Do you still want to eat with the others?" he breaks the silence.

"No, we can stay here. Surely they are already finished once I'm down there anyway."

We eat in a comfortable silence and the food is already cold, but I don't mind. I feel much better after our little talk.

~•~•~

"Would you choose an outfit for me to wear?" I ask my father once he is back in my room.

"Yes of course. Anything I can do for you." he answers, opening the doors of my closest.

Once he chose an outfit I agree to wear I ask him to get Robin for me. I only want him to help me get dressed. As nice as it is that daddy offered to help me with everything I rather not have him seeing me naked. Only a few minutes later Robin enters my room. He immediately notices I've been crying and I have to assure him I'm okay. I tell him about the little chat I had with my father. Before we leave to drive back to the city I want to go down to the beach. Robin happily grants my wish. On our way I show him our large garden with the terrasse and pool. At the end of the boardwalk a picnic blanket awaits us.