Chapter 25

I laid at Pete's feet as I sobbed. He was sitting in a chair and I was under the desk as I cried.

"Gee, come on, don't do this," he sighed.

I cried, hugging his legs.

"You said I could talk to him," I cried.

"And as soon as he wakes up you can talk to him," Pete said. "He's sleeping right now."

"But he's been sleeping for two days!" I exclaimed.

He reached down, running his hand through my hair comfortingly.

"He's sleeping so he can get better," Pete said softly.

I whimpered, my lip quivering as I tried to stop crying.

"Okay, Gee, just get off the ground," he said softly.

I sniffled, crawling up into his lap. I need comfort from someone and Pete was the only person I could get it from. Frank's been sleeping for two days and Patrick's been by his side for most of that time. But Pete's been really nice and has kept me from crying a lot.

"How about you make him a get well card to give to him when he wakes up?" Pete suggested.

I nodded softly and Pete gave me some paper and markers. I sat down in my own seat and wrote a little get well message. I drew a bunch of little pictures at the bottom and put a bunch of hearts all around it.

When I was finished, I set it down and sniffled. Pete was working, taking over the jobs that Frank used to do. He was trying to keep everything organized and under control until Frank woke up.

"Pete?" I asked softly.

"What's up?" He asked.

"C-can I still go see daddy?" I whimpered. "I know he isn't awake yet but can I still see him?"

He sighed and nodded. I followed him down to the basement, hugging onto Casper. Patrick was scrubbing blood out of the carpet when we walked down and I immediately smelled bleach.

"He wants to see Frank," Pete said.

Patrick stood up, going to the room. I followed him inside and hurried over to Frank's side. He was laying in the hospital bed. His chest was wrapped in bandages and he looked pale. He was connected to some wires, a tube in his nose to help him breath.

"Daddy?" I asked, shaking his shoulder lightly.

"Don't try to wake him up, Gee," Patrick said. "He needs to rest."

"B-but he's already rested for two days," I whimpered.

He didn't say anything, just started speaking quietly with Pete on the other side of the room.

"Daddy," I whispered. "Please wake up, I need you."

I held onto his hand, my eyes filling with tears.

"I love you, daddy," I said. "I hope you feel better. I wish you would wake up so I can give you kissies. I love you."

I broke down sobbing again and I heard someone sigh.

"Alright, Gee, I think that's enough for today," Pete said.

He held my hand and I let him lead me out of the room. I sniffled, walking back up the stairs with him.

"How's a nap sound?" Pete said.

I nodded and he smiled. I wiped away my tears and crawled into my crib. I cried myself to sleep quietly, wishing for my daddy.