Chapter 9 - All is Lost

Chapter 9 – All is Lost

Under the ugly, gray, stormy sky, there are three ponies standing out in the middle of the field of wildflowers, right on the outskirts of Ponyville.  On one side are two Pegasi, Rainbow Dash and Ford Mustang, who were just wrapping up their anniversary date after noticing the bizarre overcast that originated from the Castle of Canterlot.  On the other side stands Arrogon the Destroyer, who has recently increased his own powers tremendously by absorbing Celestia, Luna, and Discord within his cursed amulet.  Now, the two sides are facing each other as Ford and Rainbow try to figure out on who this mysterious tyrant is, while Arrogon on the other hand is inches away from tying up one loose end.

"Rainbow Dash, we meet at last." Arrogon pronounces with revolting delight.  "You have no idea how long I have looked forward to this moment."

Initially shocked by Arrogon's sudden appearance, both Rainbow and Ford glare simultaneously at the party crasher before the blue-haired stallion steps forward as he demands in outrage, "Who the buck are you?"

When Ford questions Arrogon, the menacing pony didn't pay any attention to him at first.  He just stands there with a deadpan expression for only a few seconds.  But suddenly, he snaps his head sharply as his piercing, fiery eyes flicker intensely while they lock onto Ford's.  A bit startled by Arrogon's demonic stare, Ford is swiftly pushed back by the unforeseen telekinesis before he is plowed right into the ground several yards away from the other two.

"Mustang!" Rainbow cries out to her coltfriend afar.

"Hmph!  So rude!" Arrogon scoffs at the Pegasus he just tossed aside.  "I was getting to that part anyway. 

Now then... where was I?  Ah, yes!  Allow me to introduce myself." he continues before bowing lightly at the disinterested Rainbow Dash.  "My name is Arrogon, the newly appointed, supreme ruler of Equestria, and eventually, the world!  And I am here to accompany you to my newly acquired castle, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow just stares at him with a raised eyebrow as her anger builds up like a thunderous storm.  "Okay, first of all, if this is your idea of a joke, you're buckin' terrible at telling it!" she responds brashly to the uninvited guest as she readies herself for a fight to come.  "Second of all, I don't think the Princesses will take you so kindly if you talk so smugly like that!  And finally, that was my coltfriend you just knocked aside, and I sure as hell am not gonna let you get away with that!"

"Ho-hoh!  Feisty, aren't we?  I like that!" Arrogon says with keen interest.

"Then you're gonna love this!" she responds wittily before she quickly launches herself from the ground and rushes toward her foe.

For her first strike, Rainbow plans to deliver a righteous hoof-punch to Arrogon's overconfident face.  However, to her immense surprise, her charge becomes ineffective as a blue shield, which is automatically summoned by Arrogon himself, causes the attack to be turned aside.

A bit startled by the failed attack, Rainbow continued the barrage as she relentlessly keeps on throwing all kinds of lightning-fast, fighting moves against the motionless Arrogon, but just like her first attack, his blue shield keeps blocking of all her incoming attacks.  After countless of unsuccessful, quick attacks, the female athlete takes a heavy breather as she glares at her unimpressed opponent.

"You know, as much as I've enjoyed the show, I think it's time for us to take our leave right now." Arrogon says in mocking boredom.