Chapter 25 - A Fight Amongst Lovers

For two long, agonizing weeks, Ford Mustang has been dreaming for this moment for a very long time.  The moment in which he can finally be reunited with his Rainbow Dash and put Arrogon in his place for all the trouble he has caused to them.  But now, that dream has been turned into a living nightmare as he faces the mare he endearingly loves so much being used as a manipulated tool for the truly vile villain right behind her!

"Rainbow...?  Rainbow, can you hear me?" Ford gingerly takes a step forward as he tenderly calls out to his possessed marefriend.  "It's me... Ford Mustang, remember?"

"She can't hear you..." Arrogon points it out for him as he leisurely gets off his chair before walking closer to his feminine counterpart.  "...nor can she see you.  She doesn't even know that you're still alive at this point."

"What did you do to her?!" Mustang demands in outrage.

"Simple." he composedly explains with pleasure.  "I made her into the perfect servant who will obey my every command.  Oh sure, she put up quite a fight at first.  You would have been so proud of her.  But her strong will was already cracked the moment she realized that she will never see you again, and in good time, my will embodied her mind and soul.  All of her memories are sealed away, while she is trapped in her own darkness of despair.  Her loyalty is now mine to claim.  Mine and mine alone."

As Arrogon brings his hoof closer to the impassive Rainbow Dash, Ford grinds his teeth severely as he witnesses the dark overlord slimily caressing her unresponsive face.  "I must say, I can see why you were so fond of her." Arrogon comments admiringly as he slowly traces his armored hoof downward across Rainbow's contours, which adds more enraging fuel to the gritted Mustang.  "So fierce.  So passionate.  So driven.  Why, when I first saw her charging towards me, I could see the fire within those determined eyes of hers.  In a way, I can see a little of myself in her.  That's why I knew she would make the perfect companion for myself."

"You don't know a damn thing about her!" Ford retorts harshly.  "You've practically stripped out everything in her life that made her wonderful in the first place, just so you can mold her to your liking!"

"Ahh... but she will have a new life!" he counters with depraved giddiness as he coolly walks back to his specially made throne with the Twilight Sparkle's Element of Magic mounted on top.  "One where she will lead my army across the lands!  Claiming them all under my name!  Why, with her extraordinary abilities, I will conquer this world in a matter in days!  And who knows... if she serves me well, I might have other plans for her... as my beloved queen!"

"And as a puppet no less!" Ford mutters in an aggravating growl.

"A small price to pay I know, but I'll get over it quickly." he shrugs without a care.

"You bastard!"

Having all he can take from the smug tyrant, Ford springs into action as he furiously darts for Arrogon.  But his righteous retribution is swiftly obstructed by the cursed Rainbow, thanks to her distinguishable speed.  Because of his brainwashed marefriend in the way, he had to come to sudden halt so he doesn't misguidedly take his overwhelming anger out on her.

"Careful." Arrogon openly mocks the other stallion with a wave of his hoof.  "You know how protective she can be towards her friends."

"Enough of this!" Ford shouts pass the stationary mare.  "If you're as powerful as you say you are, then stop hiding behind your pawns and fight me!"