Ch 2: Sooth the Savage Beast

Start from the beginning

There's silence as the guy named Noh takes the mic and stands by himself in the center of the stage with his head bowed down. Phun leans forward, the glass in his hand forgotten as his attention is completely focused on that single person. The music starts off low with a simple melody. When Noh starts to sing, he slowly looks up with a soulful expression and Phun is entranced.

If I cry, will you cry?

Underneath it all my heart, it burns

One goodbye, at that time

My heart will fall into my hands

Sick in love, am I?

I can't understand my mind

The depths of my heart call this love

This comes from me deep inside...

~ "Sick in Love"~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGYD_awvrk

*English cover lyrics are at the end of this chapter*

The ballad is sweet about a forbidden love but the voice is what hits Phun the hardest. Everything that he is worrying about and that made him angry vanishes from his mind. For a few minutes, his soul is wiped clean and the only thing that exists in his world is Noh's voice. Entranced, Phun sets down his glass and moves closer to the stage. Standing to one side and leaning against the edge, he closes his eyes and lets the peaceful feeling wash over him.

When the song ends, Phun is startled back into reality by the loud cheering. A crowd of girls rushes to the side of the stage that Noh was going to exit from after making his bow. Noh backs away with a laugh to avoid the mess of people that not even the friends from his table can get through to save him. He back steps closer and closer to Phun with a wide smile and a wave at his newly acquired fans.

Film raises a hand with shout, trying to warn Noh that he's getting close to the edge, but it's too late. With a wild yelp, Noh missteps and tumbles down... right on top of Phun. Thankfully, Phun had seen what was happening and managed to spread his arms wide just in time to catch him so neither was hurt badly when they hit the floor, just a bruise or two and a whole lot of cussing.

"Oh, shit! Dude, I'm so sorry!" Scrambling up, Noh hurries to give Phun a hand. His smooth, pale cheeks blush a cherry red. "I'm really, really sorry."

"Are you okay?" Looking Noh up and down, Phun continues to hold the hand that helped him stand up. "You didn't get hurt, did you?"

"I'm fine, but I think I should be asking you that. I fell on you, after all." Noh's eyes widen as he gets a good look at the person in front of him. This guy is crazy good looking and obviously in a different class than himself. He notices that their hands are still linked and quickly pulls away. "So, are you? Okay, I mean."

"All parts accounted for." Phun answers with a laugh, relieved that the guy with the amazing voice didn't get hurt.

"Thank God. Again, I'm really sorry for falling for you... I mean, on you." With an apologetic wai, Noh's blush spreads to the tips of his ears as he backs away to leave the VIP section, not being that important of a person himself and his friends are waiting.

Phun laughs before returning the wai with a smile as he watches Noh leave, but it somehow strikes Noh as a sad smile. His eyes, which were clear just a moment before, cloud over and appear lost. Noh stops to watch Phun slowly make his way into the back corner to an empty table with only a single glass and a partial bottle of liquor on it. The guy sits down with a slight wince and pours another glass for himself. Feeling bad for the lonely guy since he did almost crush him to death, Noh makes a quick decision and changes directions to walk straight for the table in the corner without another thought. The people around him chatter as he passes but he ignores it all, focusing instead on his target.