० |Good old days

"A walk down the old lane of time

"A walk down the old lane of time."

°°

Arora house was in chaos of non stop chattering and cries of people. At the same time on the other hand, Aarush was waiting for the doctor outside the ER, anxiously shaking his legs as he sat on the chair in the waiting area with his mask on, restless. It was suffocating. Never had he imagined something like this might happen someday. The metalic chair he was sitting on was cold, so was the atmosphere around. Extremely cold and biting.

He felt helpless but at the same time, the sudden weight of responsibility because of his own actions was crushing him down. He wanted to cry or maybe just scream until he could feel none of those things that were painfully tearing him apart from the inside. Sitting here among a lot of people, it made him even more anxious.

He could hear the screeching of the stretchers and wheelchairs being pushed, making a creaking noise. The cries of the babies and grown-ups, the screaming patients in pain being hurried inside, the chaos of the nurses shouting out to clear up the way as they ran along with the bleeding patient being carried away and the overpowering smell of disinfectant mixed in with the metallic smell of blood had his head throbbing.

"Excuse me! Are you with the patient from 707?" A nurse approached him holding a pen and a cardboard in hand. He anxiously stood up and nodded, not able to really speak at all with his parched throat. She helped him with the documentation and smiled in consolation.

"It was a benzodiazepine overdose, you brought her here on time. Don't worry, the will be fine but the doctors think it was an intentional attempt of suicide. The doctor would like to talk to a family member about it." The nurse informed and her eyes looked around, as if in search of other people who were credibly Mihika's family members.

Of course she'd seen the patient dolled up in a wedding dress, as if she was brought from her ongoing marriage. She'd heard from the fellow nurses gossiping about the bride in 707. Hesitant with her assumption, she still asked. "You are the patient's husband?"

Aarush looked at her blankly for a moment, as if he'd heard something completely ridiculous just now and then it registered what had happened not long ago. He nodded dazedly.

"Sir, your wife's medical history is needed. As per we could conclude from the tests, she's out of danger. It'll take her some time to recover because it seems like she's popped in quite a big amount of sleeping pills. Also, the doctor would like to have a word with you."

Aarush forced back a small smile as the nurse walked away after giving a sympathetic smile to him. It hurt a lot and it was hard to stay collected but he was trying, because he had to. He wasn't alone, he had others he had to stay strong for as well.