०४|Emotional outbursts

"Somewhere in the haze, I got a sense I'd been betrayed.”

°°

Not much time had passed when Aarush and Sarika got engaged in a rush. It was a very low key family event as said before. No guests were invited for obvious reasons.

A marriage between an unmarried man who had a daughter out of wedlock and a newly divorced woman was going to be the talk of the town either way. They wanted to avoid too much attention and weird talks about them going around as much as possible.

Things were really going faster than they were supposed to. Surprisingly, Sarika happened to get along with Meera pretty well as compared to the previous few times she'd met before her engagement. Aarush and Sarika spent a very little time together, a few dinners or lunch dates included, relatively very quiet as compared to the normal couples.

On the other hand, Mihika's wedding date was nearing and the preparations were in full swing. Thankfully, Abhinav and her argument on Holi did not really leave any burning bridge between them. Things were certainly looking like they were back to normal.

"You should stay the night here." Mihika said to Sarika who was sitting beside her. Sarika quietly watched and also helped her in making Meera lay down on the bed with a bottle held between her tiny palms as she sucked on in with her eyes wandering around.

They were at Mihika's house. Sarika had come over for the henna ceremony in the morning. It was already evening and they were still busy because of the several guests who had already arrived a day before and Sarika ended up being a helping hand as well. Sarika and Mihika were pretty good friends now or so; they pretended to be. Mihika was always a great help when it came to playing Aarush's best friend's role and helping out Sarika with tips.

"By the way, the date went well." Sarika's ears were flushed like always while talking about it. Mihika had suggested an evening beach side date the last time she was asked by Sarika for some ideas. Which, fortunately, went pretty well indeed. Mihika nudged her in a teasing manner.

The biggest contentment for Mihika these days was that Aarush seemed to be doing well with his gloomy life right now. Being extremely happy and chirpy suddenly was out of question of course but she could still see how satisfied he was with his and Sarika's relationship.

Sarika was a really nice and sweet girl, not just because she was ready to accept a man with a child in this society where she could get any other man she wanted given her own situation, looking at how well brought up and successful she was and what kind of family she belonged to.

Nowadays Meera was rather found either with Sarika more than she was found roaming around in Aarush's arms. It's not that Mihika had a sudden breakthrough with her chaotic thoughts but that there was nothing much she could do.

She still remembered that day when her wedding cards were printed and the dates were fixed for all the functions. Thus, giving her an allotted time period of going out of the house before the auspicious days of bride-to-be started.

Sarika's office timing was a bit different from that of Mihika. Her office hours were over two hours before Mihika's, perks of being on a high post and a shareholder of the company probably but even that never helped her enough to let her utilize her time in making her relationship better with Meera.

Aarush used to take her along on weekends when Sarika would sometimes tell him how hard it was for her to even hold Meera for more than a few minutes before she would start crying. It wasn't odd for babies to just not like some people after all but she couldn't really give up. She was going to be Meera's mother soon and she was willing to do everything.