Chapter 8- Heading to Diagon Alley

Ok, yesterday was the weirdest day of my life.  Harry and I got a strange letter for each of us, got rushed away to a small hut in the middle of nowhere in the sea, and a giant came in and told me that I was a witch and my twin brother a wizard.

I keep pinching myself to see if I'm awake or not.

Today the giant (Hagrid), Harry and I are in a bus going to London to get our things for a magic school that we're going to, Hogwarts.
Everyone's looking at us weirdly, and I try to avoid the stares. I already feel out of place as it is, since I'm wearing ragged clothes along with Harry. Uncle Vernon would always give us Dudley's old rags. I think he takes pleasure in seeing me humiliated.

Hagrid sees what I'm looking at and sighs grimly.
'Yeah, 'xpect those Dursely's gave yeh nothing better to wear, now didn't they?'

I nod, fighting back tears, and Hagrid puts a hard, but comforting hand on my shoulder.
'S alright Lily,' he says, smiling at me. 'I'll jest stop off at a Muggle clothing store to get yeh an' 'Arry a little somethink, ok?'
I smile gratefully at him, noone had ever been nice to me before, except for Harry.

'Thanks,' I say to him along with Harry, Hagrid just waves us away.
'No good not having proper clothes, isn' it?'
So after a quick stop to a clothing store, the bus takes us where we apparently need to go.

'Wait a minute,' I say, frowning, after looking at Hagrid's list. 'How can we get this in London?"
He just grins and taps his head.
'Yeh can...if yeh know where to go.'
And with that mysterious statement he points at a pub and starts walking to it. I blinked...never knowing it was even there until Hagrid pointed it out.

Harry nudges me and nods his head torward the Londoners, they don't even seem to be noticing it at all.
'Come on!' Hagrid says, cutting through our thoughts. 'Running on a tight schedule, we are!'
Harry nods and we both scurry to Hagrid and walk through the bar door.