Chapter 24- Christmas

Kasey's POV
'Are you going home for Christmas, Miss Potter?' Asks McGongagall.

'No,' she says, and McGongagall nods and checks something on her notebook and the line moves one step forward.

Eventually I get to the front of the line, and McGongagall looks at me.
'Kasey,' she says.  'Are you going to go home for Christmas?'

I'm confident in my answer.

'No,' I say firmly, and McGongagall smiles.
'Alright then,' she says, and ticks something noticeably on her notepad.  'You may go now, Kasey.'

I go to join my friends, and soon after Tom joins us and we start to walk back to the common room.

'Are you guys staying for the holidays?' I ask, and everyone nods (we convinced Hermione to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas).

'I was supposed to go home for the holidays,' says Ron, 'but Mum and Dad suddenly went to pay a visit to Charlie, so we're staying here now.'
'Well, Dad's real nice and loves Tom and I so much that he's not taking us back for the Christmas holidays,' I say jokingly. In reality, that isn't true, I just wanted to stay to see Harry's awesome Invisibility Cloak, the Mirror of Erised and to just experience a Hogwarts Christmas.

Tom wanted to as well, so we were both staying.

As we walk to the common room, Hermione stops suddenly.

'We need to go to Hagrid's,' she says.  'To ask him about the three headed dog and about Professor Quirrell.   He loves animals, so he should know.'
So we make our way down to Hagrid's hut, running all the way down there. When we get there, I knock on the door.

'Hagrid!' I call, knocking on the door again.
He opens the door and smiles down at us.

'Kasey, Tom, Lily, 'Arry, Ron, Hermione! Come in, all of ye.'
He opens the door and we all come in. Hagrid closes the door and looks at us.

'So, what brings ye all here?'
Harry opened his mouth, but he's a very blunt person, so I put my hand over his mouth.

He licked it.

'Ewwww Harry!' I said angrily, and he just laughed.
How dare he!

I chased him around Hagrid's cabin whilst Lily, after shaking her head at our antics, explained why we were here.

'You see, Hagrid,' she started, while I was throwing Hagrid's rock cakes at Harry's head, 'we accidentally went to the forbidden corridor on the third floor...'
'Accidentally,' added Ron pointlessly, and Tom elbowed him.

Lily shot a look at both of them, and then continued.

'Anyway,' she said pointedly to Ron and Tom, 'we went to the forbidden corridor, and we saw a three headed dog guarding a trapdoor...'
Again she was interrupted, this time by Hagrid.

'You met Fluffy?!' He exclaimed, looking shocked.

Ron and Hermione looked at Hagrid in disbelief; even Harry wasn't trying to defend himself against my rock cakes anymore, he was just staring at Hagrid in shock.

'Fl...Fluffy?!?' Finally said Hermione.
'That...thing is called Fluffy!' Added Ron.
'I know, beautiful name, ain't it,' said Hagrid happily.

Lily coughed.
'May I continue now?' She asked, and without waiting for an answer, she continued.

'Anyway, we know it's guarding that thing you got from Gringotts, and we also know that Qui...a teacher's trying to steal it!'
Hagrid was staring at us, open mouthed.