.6

He Likes Boys

The week had passed and it was finally Friday. The two boys had only gotten together a few more times to work on their project and when they did the same flirting gestures were exchanged. Since they were now friends, they texted occasionally, but not extensively. These texts usually consisted of random banter and bad puns. Relating to their deal, Draco had gotten better at not making fun of Hermione and Ron but he still let things slip sometimes. Harry had really started to bring out the good in Draco and that's all that mattered.

Harry was standing at his band locker when Seamus approached him, twirling his drumsticks in his fingers. "Oi, Harry do you have any plans tonight?" he asked.

"Not yet, why?" Harry responded, closing his locker and turning around.

"I'm having some people over at my house tonight and it'd be sick if you'd join. People are gonna start arriving at 7 so if you can go then I'll text you my address," Seamus beamed, accidentally throwing one of his drumsticks into the air. It flew through the air and hit Dean Thomas in the head.

"Seamus really? Again?" Dean sighed, chucking the drumstick back over. Seamus swiftly caught it and Harry let out a small laugh before responding.

"Okay sweet, who all is coming?" Harry asked curiously.

"So far I think Dean, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Lavender, Parvati, Padma, Cho, Cedric and Ginny," Seamus listed. Harry thought for a second before speaking.

"Do you think I could uh invite D-Draco?" Harry stuttered. He knew a lot of people that Seamus just listed weren't too fond of the blonde boy.

"Since when were you two all buddy buddy?" Seamus asked a bit surprised.

"Well he's changed a lot since we started working together on that chemistry project and he's a lot nicer to Ron and Hermione so I just wanted to see if-" Harry rambled trying to protect his week old friend.

"If he wants to come them fine go ahead. I guess I'll see you tonight then?" Harry nodded. "Great, bye then Harry."

Harry smiled to himself and then headed out to his car with his saxophone in hand. Before he started his car, he pulled out his phone and typed a quick text to Draco.

Hey Ferret, tonight Seamus is having some people over to his house at 7 and I just wanted to see if you might want to join since we haven't really hung out outside of school related things. You don't have to of course but it'd be great if you did :-)

Harry read it over and then hit the send button. He shoved his phone back into his back and started his car and made his journey home. The whole way home Harry couldn't help but think about how much he liked Draco, maybe not just as a friend. He wasn't quite sure if he fancied Draco in that way, but then again he had never really explored his sexuality much... or at all. He had never kissed any human at all in the first place. Harry quickly thought back to Cho and remembered that he thought she was pretty cute. Well she'd be at Seamus' tonight so maybe Harry could look between her and Draco and fantasize things maybe that would help him figure it out... or he could just ask one of his Uncles. Yeah that's a better idea.

Harry got home and threw his backpack in the same spot as always. He walked into the kitchen and saw his Uncles dancing together to Skinny Love by Birdy. Harry stood in the doorway until the song was over and they were done dancing. Harry quietly stepped in trying not to interrupt. He went over to the fridge and poured himself a glass of milk and proceeded to take a seat on one of the stools by the island counter.

"Can I ask you guys something?" Harry asked nervously, staring into his glass. Sirius and Remus both looked up, intertwining their hands together.

"Sure, you can ask us anything Harry," Sirius smiled.

"Okay well um, I was just wondering uh, how did you know, ya know, that you liked boys, or I guess men or I mean-" Harry stumbled, his hand shaking,

"Oh wow, we get what you're trying to say Harry you don't need to explain," Remus looked at his nephew and smiled. "To answer that, I guess we both just kind of always felt different and then when we met each other we just kind of knew," Remus turned to his boyfriend and tilted his head to the side.

"Yes, like Remus said, sometimes it's about the person and other times you just know you like dick," Sirius exclaimed as Remus slapped his arm.

Harry laughed slightly, "Okay well thanks for the help, I'll be going now," Harry lingered, standing up and starting to walk away.

"Not so fast young man, you get back here," Remus called after Harry.

Harry stopped in his tracks and walked backwards into the kitchen before pivoting around and sighing, "Yes?"

"Is there any specific reason you're asking?" Remus asked.

"Oh um well I guess there kind of is, there's just this guy," Harry sighed, staring at the tile floor, "but there's also a girl, and I don't know."

"Ah, would we by chance know either of them?" his uncle inquired.

"Um yeah, you've met one," Harry answered nervously.

"Is it Draco please say yes," Sirius more stated. Harry nodded and Sirius cheered. "Go get em, Harry!"

They gave a bit more advice before Harry was finally allowed to go up to his room and breathe. He sat on his bed and pulled his phone out for the first time since he texted Draco. He looked down at all of his messages and saw one from said person. He opened the message and read it over a few times.

Well hey, Scarface. I can probably go if you can take me and as long as I'm home by 11. God, I sound so lame. I just hope your friends don't think I'm as much of a twat as I used to be.

Harry smiled and quickly started typing a reply.

Yeah of course I can take you and that's because you are lame. Just make sure not to insult any of them and you're all set lmao. Also I'll pick you up at 6:50 if that's good ?

He tapped the send button and started watching an episode of How I Met Your Mother as he waited for a response. About half of the episode had passed when he had gotten a reply.

Yeah that time is good and I'll try my best, they're just so insultable. See, I made up a word I'm not lame, fuck you Potter.

Harry exhaled out of his nose and typed one final reply.

Great, I'll see you then, Malfoy.

Harry spent the rest of the afternoon binge watching How I Met Your Mother before it turned 6:30 and he decided to change his outfit. He went over to his closet and kept on his blue slightly skinny jeans, but threw on a light blue t-shirt with navy blue on the sleeves and collar. He then went over to his mirror and tried to fix his hair, but gave up and let it flop back to it's normal messy position. When the clock turned to 6:40 Harry slipped on his shoes and ran out the door yelling at his uncles where he was going in the process.

Harry pulled up into Draco's driveway and saw the familiar blonde head walk out the front door. The boy got in the passenger seat and smiled nervously at Harry.

"Are you sure your friends are okay with me going to this get together thing?" Draco questioned, still unsure of whether he should go or not.

"Even if they aren't, they're going to have to deal with it."