.1

i don't own harry potter, it belongs to j.k rowling.

New Beginnings

Harry Potter was a normal sixteen year old boy that lived with his uncle, Sirius Black and his Uncle's boyfriend, Remus Lupin. Harry lost his parents in a car crash that he managed to survive when he was a baby. From that car crash the boy gained a lightning shaped scar on his forehead.

The Dursley's, made up of Harry's aunt, uncle, and cousin, are his only biological family left, so he could live with them, but to be quite frank, they're a bunch of twats.

Sirius found a new job in Manchester causing the three of them to have to move. This meant that Harry was going to have to start at a new school, which he was not excited about. He definitely was not ready for everyone to start asking him about his scar which led to him growing his hair out to try and cover it up.

When Harry woke up on the day he was to start at his new school, he groaned and slammed his hand on his alarm clock to get it to shut up. Because of the move, Harry was starting school a couple weeks late so he was already behind everyone else. About 15 minutes later, Sirius came in and pulled the bed sheets off the boy causing him to squeal.

"Harry get up now or you'll be late on your first day!" Sirius exclaimed, as he pulled the curtains away from Harry's window, letting sunlight flow into the small bedroom and then he proceeded to leave.

Harry groaned for what seemed like the millionth time that morning and drug himself out of his twin sized bed.

He put on his classic round glasses and slug over to his closet. Harry grabbed out a plain red shirt and tugged it over his already bare chest. He then went to his dresser and put on a simple pair of blue skinny jeans.

The boy looked in the mirror at his extremely messy black hair and attempted to fix it a bit, which didn't really work out.

He went downstairs and ate a quick breakfast before grabbing his backpack and slipping on a pair of shoes. He grabbed his car keys, this being the first time he could drive to school, and ran out to his slightly dirty black car.

Harry was in a rush, as he had woken up 15 minutes late due to being a lazy ass so he went a bit over the speed limit, but not enough to get a ticket.

Once Harry arrived at his new school, he hopped out of his car and started fast walking towards the front doors and pushed them open looking for any sign of life in the almost vacant hallways. All of the sudden he spotted a red-haired boy at a locker. Harry rushed over to him and started to speak.

"Uh, excuse me, hello, I'm Harry Potter, I'm new here and was wondering if you knew where the maths classroom with the teacher McGonagall is," Harry stated, hope written in his eyes.

"Oh hi, that's my first class too. I can show you the way," the ginger boy said. He started walking and Harry followed while looking around the school, intrigued. The hallways were lined with gray lockers that appeared to be barely touched. Some classrooms were full of posters in the windows, and some were left plain. "I'm Ron Weasley by the way, pleased to meet you," he finally said.

"Pleased to meet you too," Harry smiled, hoping to have a new friend already.

They eventually arrived in front of a classroom door a few minutes after the bell had already rung.

"Bloody 'ell, late again. Sorry Harry," Ron sighed as he opened the door to the classroom. Everyone turned their heads towards the front of the room, not looking very surprised at Ron's late arrival.

"Late again, Mr. Weasley," Professor McGonagall sighed, picking up a clipboard and scribbling something down. "If I'm correct, I think that calls for a detention. Be here tomorrow after school to serve it."

A boy in the back of the classroom with platinum blonde hair and an emerald green t-shirt sniggered at the expression on Ron's face. Ron noticed and his face got even more red than it already was. He took his seat and Harry was left standing in the doorway of the classroom alone with everyone staring at him intently. The blonde boy from earlier had sat up in his chair and was staring at Harry, taking in all of his features.

The Professor looked over at Harry and started looking at her clipboard, "You must be the new student, Harry Potter."

Harry nodded at this, his cheeks flushing at everyone staring at him, with a few whispers going around the room.

"Late on your first day, I surely hope that doesn't become a habit of yours, Mr. Potter. Now go ahead and take a seat," McGonagall said, writing even more things down.

Harry scanned the room and was relieved that a spot next to Ron, close to the back of the classroom was open. Harry rushed over and took a seat in the tan colored desk next to the still red, Ron. Suddenly Harry felt a tap on his back and turned around to see the blonde boy that was laughing at Ron earlier, leaned towards Harry over his desk.

"Surely you don't want to be stuck sitting with this wanker of a ginger, now do you?" the mysterious boy stated smugly. Ron turned around in disgust.

"Bugger off Malfoy, Harry here is new just give him a break," he said.

"I certainly hope you don't expect to gain popularity by hanging out with this loser," Malfoy, Harry figured his name was, said, ignoring Ron's statement. "Why don't you be my friend?" he said, holding out his hand to Harry to shake.

"No thanks, I think I can manage with choosing my own friends," Harry replied and then turned around to face the front of the classroom right as he saw the shocked look on Malfoy's face.

-

After the final bell of the day rang, Harry was relieved. He already had so much homework to do on his first day that he needed to get to work on. He had the most from the professor with a surname of Snape who didn't seem to enjoy Harry's presence. As Harry walked through the hall he stared at his feet and happened to run into somebody, causing them both to fall to the ground.

"Oh, I'm so sor-" Harry began to say before he got cut off.

"Watch where you're going you twat," the boy he ran into said as he rose from the ground. Harry looked up and recognized him as the blonde boy who he later learned first name is Draco. "Oh, well if it isn't the newbie, Potter," Draco said as he stood up.

Harry stayed silent and stared into Draco's cold, silver eyes that were strangely luring. Draco didn't say anything else so they ended up staring at each other for a bit. A smirk appeared on Draco's face causing Harry to break the stare by looking at his feet, trying not to blush.

"W-well I should be going," Draco stuttered. "Have fun with that loser ginger friend of yours." Once Draco said this, Harry's sudden attraction for him quickly faded.

Both boys parted ways and rubbed shoulders as they went, causing each of them to feel butterflies in their stomach.

----

(a/n):

so that was a thing.

so yeah i've recently started shipping drarry harder than before so i'm going to write a drarry au fanfiction because who wouldn't.

i hope you enjoyed, and i'll hopefully update soon.

bye my muffins <3

~jolie