- 17. ironhide -

When the scream left her mouth, it was as if my world shattered. This changed everything. I wanted to step forward and comfort her, but I knew it would only make matters worse, so I stayed put.

She started backing away from me, once again I stayed put, just helplessly staring at her. She stumbled into some random soldiers arms. He wrapped an arm around her waist, trying to keep her upright. That mech better get his hands off my Stubbs before I blow him to bits.

There was a look in her eye: fear. I only saw that look on her face once: Starscream. She looked at me the same way she looked at him. She moved out of the soldiers arms and next to Will's side. I didn't know what to do, so I looked over to Optimus and Ratchet who were sitting in their alts not even twenty feet away.

.:Prime, what do I do?:.

.:Listen to your spark, what is that telling you to do?:.

I needed to explain to her. I thought that maybe if she saw me how she was used to seeing my, then it would calm her down. I transformed back into my alt, activating my holoform, and slowly got to the ground. Optimus and Ratchet did the same, but Macey didn't even notice them. Her eyes were locked onto mine.

As I slowly made my way over to her, she started backing behind Lennox. He looked torn. It was between his best friend and someone he's worked closely with for the past year, and he chose his best friend.

"Ironhide, stop." I didn't listen to him. I needed to make things right with Macey. Lennox noticed this and gave Epps a look; he came over and took Macey into his own hands with a protective stance in front of her.

"Lennox, I need to see her," I pleaded, not wanting to take no as an answer.

"No, you don't. And you're not going to see her."

Macey took a step forward, with Epps by her side and laid a soft hand on his shoulder, immediately calming him down.

"Wh-why did you lie to me?" Her voice was broken. That's all she said, not wanting an explanation about who I was or how I was here. She asked the toughest question of them all.

I looked to Lennox for support on this question since he was initially the first one who wanted to keep her in the dark.

Will spoke up on this one, "um, well, ya see, Shorty, I wanted him to keep it a secret," her eyes started to water up, "I thought it would be safer for you."

Macey didn't say anything, just looked over to Optimus and Ratchet before shaking her head and starting to walk away.

There she went. Walking towards the door. No one moved to stop her, not one single Cybertronian or human. When she was a foot away from the door, she turned back to look me dead in the eye, which broke my spark the most at the words she said next, "Oh and Ron -or whoever the fuck you are- I hope you've figured out by now that there is no more us," with that, she turned and walked out of the door; out of my life.

I felt as if she had just kicked me in the spark a few thousand times, ripped it out of my chest, and then continued to kick it around.

I deactivated my holoform and transformed back into my true form. I kicked the closest thing to me, some of Ratchet's tools.

"Hey I needed that!"

I wipped around to face the doctor who was also in his true from now, "yeah well guess what? I need that," I pointed towards the hall, "I need that human more than anyone will ever know. You're able to simply replace those tools because they're just metal. That, what I need? She's human. I can't replace that. I'm never going to be able to replace her," my voice was cracking the whole time and by the end, there were energon tears flowing down my face. I sank down to my knees on the floor.