"Nah, I'll leave that to their respective partners," she laughed, referring to Hayi and Haneul. At one point, the angel began to question his actual feelings about this new awkward friendship. His mind wandered off to the day of Chaeyoung's birthday party, and Jungkook's question that late night.

"Hyung, is it just me that feel warm and fluttered the whole time they talked to us?"

He pushed the thought away. Friends or not, he still didn't know what was the demon's real intention. Just then, his phone rang. It was Jin.

"Hyung?"

"Are you patrolling right now?"

"Yeah, I'm with Seungjo in the woods. Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows at how panicked Jin's voice was.

"We got a report of a missing student. The Disciplinary Commitee sent a search party throughout the school compound. Can the both of you search around the woods, just in case?"

"Sure, we'll get to it. Details?" He glanced at his partner, who was hearing the phone call attentively.

"Second Year, a male gumiho," Jin replied shortly. Ending the call, the two patrol partners decided to split up. The angel went west, while the demon took the east route. Seungjo jumped onto a tree branch to have a better view of the ground.

"Luckily I decided to wear this ninja suit," she murmured as she jumped from branch to branch. She stopped for a while at a tall woody tree and observed the woods' floor. Until she felt a presence behind her.

"Who the he-"

THUD!

The demon was kicked hard on her chest that she was thrown back. She dropped on the ground, flinching in pain. When she looked up, the missing student was staring coldly at her.

"Tsk! That sure caught me off guard, bastard," she grunted as she stood up slowly and took out her kunai. She threw them to the gumiho, which he avoided effortlessly. He smirked, jumped down from the branch and charged towards her.

CLANK!

Her eyes went wide when she saw him holding a pair of daggers. Luckily, she had took out her katana in time to block them. A series of blade fighting occured between the two. There was something bothering her the whole time they were fighting.

Who gave him such powers and skills?

She could tell using her detection skill that the gumiho wasn't using his own strength. His stare was too hollow, his breathing too even, his expressiom too relaxed. It wasn't what a fighting person will wear. No matter how strong that person is.

Distracted by her own thoughts, she missed a move, giving advantage for the gumiho to knock her katana off. She gritted her teeth in anger.

"I changed my mind about not killing you, fucker," she breathed out and raised her hand. She was about to use Yin Stab when he made a quick move and slashed her arm.

"Arghh!" She groaned in pain. Before she could do anything, he made another cut on her leg, forcing her to drop to the ground. Seungjo was more than furious. Using her uninjured hand, she tried to reach for her katana not far away. Only to have the gumiho to kick it away.

"YOU PIECE OF CRAP!" She thundered. Right at that time, a few shuriken whished by him. Two cut his cheek and shoulder. Her gaze fell on the owner. J-Hope.

"Leave her alone," he said in a low voice. The gumiho's face was calm, as if he wasn't concerned about his injuries. He darted towards the angel, who wielded his own katana. The angel's equally skillful to the demon. But just like she had guessed, the student's strength was beyond weird.

"Shit!" The angel cursed when his shoulder was strucked by the dagger. He grabbed his bleeding shoulder. It was almost 3 o'clock, and they were injured in the thick woods. Just when the boy thought he was going to get another strike from the gumiho, he backed away and ran into the deeper part of the woods.

"Yah! Come back here, you asshole!" Seungjo shouted, but the gumiho was already out of their sight. They were confused, mad and hurt.

"It was as if he was... Controlled," she blurted out.

"Or possessed," he added. And the question kept running in their minds while they waited for their friends to come to their rescue.