20: The Phoenix Wasn't Down, But In The End, Charlie Was... Literally

Start from the beginning

His constantly heated temperature may have helped in the constant feelings of the summer season.

What Charlie didn't know, was that his fair skin and blue eyes reminded Malia of the chill of winter and the cooling sensation of the water she would lap from to regain her energy as a coyote.

Malia had found herself always energized after staring at Charlie's pretty eyes for long periods of time

Malia had found herself always energized after staring at Charlie's pretty eyes for long periods of time. She loved his eyes.

And his laugh... His laugh was something that kept her happy; the simplicity of his amused giggles had Malia feeling determined to keep him laughing. Suddenly, the distance between the pair seemed more like oceans away rather than a few miles.

Charlie had no clue what Malia was doing in the moment he stood. He prayed she hadn't left Beacon Hills. He also prayed that she didn't go to see her father alone. He didn't trust Peter and nor will he ever.

Peter was the cause of most of Charlie's anxieties. And he would never forgive him for it. How could he? Peter had tormented Lydia, pushing her and pushing her until she began to fall apart.

He had Lydia believing she was crazy; hell, he had Charlie believing Lydia was going crazy.

Charlie still had trouble wrapping his head around Malia being the daughter of the egotistical jackass. Had he said that aloud, he wouldn't even apologize for the cursing; in fact he'd say it louder, letting everyone know how he felt.

"So," Liam started, pulling Charlie from his internal ranting, "you've done this before, right?" Liam asked Mrs. Yukimura.

"I've seen it done," she said.

"I-is that just as good?" Liam asked.

"No," Noshiko admitted

"Mom," Kira said, exasperated, "you're not inspiring confidence."