Part 11

"(first name) you are not coming back with us, and due to your involvement with Captain Varga's activities, I have been told that you are no longer welcome in the Military police."

The words did not make sense in your head at first, but slowly as you grab onto Levi's sleeve, the meaning forms itself in your mind. You were being kicked out, completely. This was the end.

"I'm sorry. Say that again..." You respond in disbelief, Levi scowls at Erwin.

"You told me that it was a possibility that she might not be coming back with us, why, I have no fucking idea! But to be thrown out completely is a fucking joke." His voice was like when he was scolding you when you were back at HQ. You watch as he tenses in front of you, almost creating a barrier between you and Erwin, you couldn't believe that Erwin was doing this, he was completely out of order, and had once again messed up your birthday.

"I will not be kicked out! You cant do this!"

"It can and it is not my decision." He replies flatly. You groan in frustration but are silenced by Levi's hand gesturing you to be quiet.

"Orders from above?! You taking another bribe Erwin?" Levi was scathing, his eyes hard, his voice fulled with acidity and contempt, but he didn't stop there. "I'm surprised you are even Commander any more after the way you have compromised the Corps. I have a right mind to ask the higher ups for your resignation due to you fucking pathetic misconduct!"

"Levi I-"

"I will not hear it! You are a fucking disgrace." You touch Levi's arm in an attempt to calm him, but he shrugs you off, previously that may have upset you, but you were far too angry to let that get in your way. You grab his arm and pull him back, he glares at you, an obvious rebuke at you stopping him, but he can see that your eyes were welling up with tears partly due to anger, but mostly due to fear, which stop him in his tracks. He looks almost desperately into your eyes, you were sure you could see he was searching for an answer to sort it, and a strange sadness hangs upon his features, though still unmoving from their usual state. He sighs resignedly. "There is no way to bring her back to the Corps?"

"No Levi. I have said this to you."

"Then I will not be coming with you tomorrow." You gasp as you look up at him in complete wonder. He would leave the corps for you? Surely not... "I resign."

"You cannot do that! I will not allow it." Erwin seemed panicked, this was probably nothing of what he expected. To shout at each other, yes. To fight over the matter, yes. To just up and quit, most likely not. Levi looks at you with a sorrowful gaze but gives you a small smile, in response, you wrap your arms around his lithe frame and nuzzle your head into his shoulder. At first he is frozen like ice, as if surprised by your actions, only to soften, pulling his arms around you, as if in your own protective cocoon.

"You cannot leave Levi.." You whisper into his ear. "I cannot let you give up your livelihood for this, for me." You hear the start of a quiet laugh.

"I could lie and tell you this is all for you, but as I said it would be a lie. I stayed in the Corps because I respected Erwin. I cant say what I feel about it now, but I am not particularly happy about following a man that can be corrupted so easily." You notice him glare at the Commander and the room is silent. You feel as if you could cut the air with a knife it was so tense, Levi was obviously waiting for Erwin to say something, but it never came.

He tuts and drags you upstairs with him, this was definitely not the ending you were expecting, not that you had been expecting to do anything with Levi, but you would have thought it would have been happier than this. Your heart felt heavy, and you knew in every fibre of your being that the choice that Levi was making was wrong. It made you question how strong his feelings were for you, you knew he liked you, but to this extent, was fairly scary, even if he did say that it wasn't just for you. He sits down on the bed, almost deflated, as you make your way to the dresser to brush your hair, with the intention to weave it into a loose braid.

"Levi, you shouldn't do this. Even taking Erwin out of the equation, the rest of us need you to keep on fighting, even if they don't know your name or what you do. We need you." You pause. "I need you... to keep fighting." You watch him out of the corner of your eye, and notice him eye you from behind, his gaze slowly moving from your waist, down to your hips and lower still. "Levi. Are you listening?" You words seem to jerk him out of his daydream.

"I know. I do not want to leave the Corps, however, I don't want to leave you behind either." Even his voice sounded torn. "I have a duty to humanity, I swore to defend against the Titans, but everything that I want to protect is embodied.. Well, if I'm blunt, in you." You turn to face him, hand still clasping the brush that was gently untangling your hair, you were at a loss for words, was he really saying what you thought?

"Then the matter is agreed. You cannot protect me if you are no longer in the Corps-"

"Nor can I protect you if I am dead." He interrupts, you shush him in a mildly scolding manner.

"No, but you cant protect me either if your wings are clipped, by the person that you are protecting." You walk over to the bed and sit down. "You were meant to fly Levi, and I will not be the one to ground you." You give him a weak smile. "And before you try being pedantic, that includes you doing it yourself for my sake. I wont have you arguing with me over this Captain Ackerman!" You feign a authoritative tone and wag your finger at him, and a wicked smile appears across his face.

"Hmm, are you trying to control me Miss (last name)?" His eye brow raised and the same mischievous look crossed his face again. You cant help but feed off the mood and you smile coyly.

"Not in the slightest Sir." The emphasis stirred the darkness over his eyes, like they had previously. "However, I would suggest that you continue your position within the Survey Corps until such a time as I can return." You tried your best to act as if you were giving a report, knowing the formality would catch him off guard but secondly because the way he was staring at you sent shivers of anticipation up your spine. You quickly move back to the mirror and make yourself busy braiding your hair.

"I see, Cadet, is that personal or professional opinion?" He said as he walked up behind you, hands on your bare shoulders, catching your eyes in the refection of the mirror.

"Professional, of course. Personal opinions would only complicate matters, do you not think?" It was very difficult to maintain your composure with Levi's fingers dancing over your skin, this charade of pretending like nothing was wrong was heartbreaking, but you couldn't show him how much it hurt and the impending dread of knowing you were going to be alone again. You knew you had a precious few hours left before everyone left for HQ, you knew you had to make them count, but you also knew you couldn't do anything that would make life harder for you, and possibly even for Levi. If you were true, you could have curled up in a ball and cried until the sun rose in the sky, yet it would be a waste of the time you had been given.

"I wouldn't call it complicated. I think the matter is very simple." He kissed the skin on your neck and you close your eyes desperately trying not to cry again, they were bittersweet kisses, leaving your skin bereft of warmth as soon as he moved. "Don't you want this?" His tongue trails over the skin that he had just kissed. You hold back a sob, but a small sound had escaped your lips, and in response Levi looks at you in the mirror and must have spotted the solitary tear rolling down your cheek. He turns you to look at him, a small scowl on his face as he wipes away the tear with his thumb. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No." You answer quietly. "Quite the opposite. I just wish we had more time." You place a hand on his chest and lock eyes with him. He seemed to understand and pulls you closer to him in a tight embrace, one hand rest top of yours on his chest.

"I don't want you to cry anymore (first name). Not because of me." He sighs again, as much as it was okay to pretend it wasn't happening, it only delayed the inevitable.

"Then promise me you will go tomorrow?" He craned his neck to get a read on your expression, he seemed confused. "Levi, I mean it. You must go back, my decision hasn't changed. I don't like it and I will probably regret the decision as soon as you leave, but it is the right one for you."

"Even if I have no say in it?"

"Even then. I will hate every second of being apart from you." You hesitate when you realise what you had just said. These words were becoming easier and easier to say, you had spent so much time convincing yourself otherwise, that you had overlooked the obvious. "I mean all of you, I would love to stay with you and just be.. But that is not the hand that I have been dealt, and I will not have my misfortune affect you."

"Then I have no choice, if you will not accept me." You move your head to look at him properly.

"That isn't what I meant and you know it." You scowl at him, you knew he was going to twist your words, just like he had always done.

"Then tell me what you mean." It was almost like he was pushing you to say something, something that you were at that moment in time, completely oblivious to.

"All I meant was I am not going to be the one that stops you from doing what you were meant to do."

"Tsk. That wasn't what I was asking." He seemed frustrated with the conversation and he drew away from you, his aura shifted to cold and closed off. You had had enough of him blowing hot and cold, he had done it so often, it really did get on your nerves.

"Well what do you want me to say?" Your voice sounding even more frustrated than his and you huff. "Well, what do you want me to say?! That I don't want you to go, fuck everything and everyone else in the world?" You were becoming even more flustered as the enraged words just fell out of your mouth, without regard. "That I don't care if the whole of humanity dies as long as I have you by my side? That I love you Levi?!" As soon as you said it you clap your hand over your mouth, eyes wide in complete surprise that it was you that had uttered those words, even in frustration. Even Levi looked stunned at your outburst, but a full smile appeared across his face as soon as the words had sunk in.

"That will do." He pulls you to him, and kisses you deeply. It was gentle, passionate but held a completely different emotion than when he had kissed you outside the inn. Your mind was racing with what you had just said, did you love him? It seemed that the rest of you knew maybe apart from your brain, you had denied it for so long that you had been in a constant tug of war with yourself, but the words hadn't felt wrong coming out of your mouth, in fact, they had felt completely right. It was more of a shock than anything, to be so open, to just let go and let your heart speak for once. Levi traced a few stray hairs out of your eyes, and gave a small laugh.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to finally come out with it!" His voice was soft, and it made you wonder if this was his normal voice, or whether it was one that only you had heard. Everyone feared, hated or were in awe of him, could they possibly believe that this man was capable of being so gentle. You almost felt like you needed to pinch yourself, this felt far too much like a dream to actually be real.

"Finally?!" You bring yourself out of your thoughts with a thud.

"I knew you did when Erwin caught us back at HQ.." He smiled to himself as he was seemingly remembering what had happened.

"What when you had me up against the wall? How could you tell then? I didn't do anything to show you that. I didn't even know myself!" You drift apart from him a little to give yourself some breathing space, hand resting on your hip, waiting for his explanation.

"It was just the small things, like you didn't struggle against me, whereas you had before-"

"It was shock!" You interrupt.

"The way you kissed me back, someone doesn't do that if they are completely against the idea."

"Shock and self preservation!"

"Ohh, right, and the smile you gave me when Erwin pulled me aside?" You could see that smile hiding in the corners of his lips, his eyes were glinting again and you had to admit it, it was quite endearing.

"I smiled?" You stopped, scanning your mind for ever having smiled at him afterwards. "I didn't smile..." You hear Levi laugh, and you felt your heart doing somersaults.

"Tsk. You did. It was that same smile you have when you know you are teasing me, and you know its working." You feign shock, and laugh. Did you have a certain smile? You look up at him, realising how much you enjoyed his company, and you beam at him.

"Thats the one." You see him bite his lip, as if he was trying to stop himself from something.

"This one?" You turn away from him, look over your shoulder and grin again. You hear a growl, and Levi practically pounces on you. He pushes you into the wall, wrists restrained by his hands, his breathing rapid, and his body very, very, much against yours. You cant help yourself but squeal at the situation you had found yourself in, again. Your body was more than willing to reciprocate this time, and you tremble as all the thoughts you had been controlling spill into your minds eye.

"You should not do that around polite company. I cannot be held responsible for my actions if you do." His voice was husky, deep and those dark eyes were back, his whole aura had changed, it was almost primal, and hungry. "Hmm, this looks rather familiar..." He eyes your position against the wall, and gives you flirtatious grin. "Mmm.. I like you like this..." He shifted his hand so only one held both of your hands, and he trailed his fingers down your neck, along your shoulder, down further, tracing along the skin along the seam of your neckline. His touch sent warmth curling in your abdomen.

There was something about Levi when he was like this, he had so much presence, he was for the lack of any other words, powerful, confident and strong. Against him, your body felt as if it was melting, liquid and aching. You were so close to him that you almost felt you were part of him, surrounded by him, completely enveloped by him. He leaned his head into your neck, kissing, licking and nipping, each time causing a small gasp or moan to escape you. You weren't going to fight this time, he had complete control over you, not by how he was holding your hands, but just the way he seemed to know exactly how to touch you.

He pressed himself harder into you, and you could feel, that everything that he was doing to you, was only adding to his own enjoyment. His teeth grazed your skin, sending your body into a frenzy. He gave you a gentle bite, and in hearing you moan, bit harder. Under normal circumstances you would have expected that it would hurt like a bitch, but he was doing something to your body, that there was no pain, only pleasure. You felt on fire, needing, burning, you were desperate for some kind of release, you move against him restlessly, your whole body aching for him.

Levi releases your hands, turning you round, he slowly undoes all the buttons of your dress. As each button is released, he places a kiss on your spine. You giggle as he kisses a very ticklish part of your back, and you hear him chuckle. He stands back up, looping the sleeves from your dress with his thumbs and pulls them over your shoulders and lets the dress fall to the floor. You move to face him again, feeling slightly self-conscious, your body was still thoroughly bruised and angry red wounds littered your pale skin. You watch as Levi takes you all in, scared of his reaction, but the reaction you were expecting, didn't come. In fact, he was looking at you in adoration. Within seconds his hands are all over you again, and his lips upon yours.

His hands slide to your back and deftly flick the clasp on your bra; his mouth moving away from yours to take in all of the newly exposed skin. You wiggle as your skin becomes ultra-sensitive, causing you to giggle in anticipation. Levi stops what he is doing and mirrors your grin; he pulls you by the arm and in that single motion, you gently fall to the bed on your back. You feel a bit stupid, wearing only your knickers and your boots. It does not seem to phase him however, as he makes light work of removing them with ease, and then focuses his attention back on you.

He climbs on top of you, scanning your body with greedy eyes. His thumb strokes the soft swell of your breast, heating your body and sending a shiver of excitement down your spine. You wanted him to lose control, to see how wild and untamed he could be, that Levi that he had hidden away, you wanted him to need you desperately. He was so in control, which was a powerful aphrodisiac, but to be able to make him lose control, that would be something.

You move your hands over his shoulders and run your fingers through his hair as he plays with you; his slow ministrations winding the coil in you, tighter and tighter, making it extremely difficult to concentrate. You feel his taut muscles, and you close your eyes reeling from the whole experience, you tug at his shirt, losing all focus. Levi stops, knowing instinctively exactly what you wanted, and unbuttons his shirt. You open your eyes, desperate to see him shirtless, and you aren't disappointed. Yes, he had a slender frame, but the muscles wound tight around his arms and torso, could have undone you there and then. You notice then that his torso was covered in scars, some large but mostly thin lines, you would have thought that it would have marred the picture, but it didn't, it only emphasised how annoyingly perfect he was. Timidly you trace along the groves in his skin made by his tight muscles and you grin in excitement.

"What did I tell you about that smile?" It wasn't a question really, more of a promise of what he would do next. He zeroed in on your nipple, as if it beckoned him. His tongue touched you gently, kissing the velvety peak and drew it into his mouth. You sigh as you close your eyes, your body felt like it was coming alive, every nerve wanting, crying out for his touch. You notice him shift slightly as if he was fiddling with something, and soon come to realise, in one fluid motion he had discarded his shoes and the rest of his clothing. Fuck, he was completely naked.... You were completely naked! This was really happening!

His body is so hot against yours, as if he was made of fire. He kisses you passionately, so deep that when he releases you from it, you are breathless. Shifting to be beside you, Levi pulls you in close to him. He runs his hands over your hips and breathes in, as if committing you to memory, and groans your name, his hand moving up your thigh finding your heated core. You knew what his fingers sought, and moving your leg, he claimed what he was looking for. As he did so he tastes your skin, you cry out softly as his mouth finds your breast, his fingers probing deeper into your centre. Your body rippled with pleasure, it almost felt too much for you to bear, you felt like a tightly coiled spring, all under his control. Levi's knee gently pushes your legs apart. He shifts above you, reading the hesitation in your face, he smiles softly.

"I will be as gentle as I can. Trust me." He moves again positioning himself closer still. You could feel that your body was ready for him, and it was almost too much when he eased himself into you. You gasp as you can feel him push against your internal barrier. You gasp and stiffen.

"Levi!" You were really alarmed, scared if nothing else.

"It will just be for a moment." He pauses. "Once its over, I can show you the world." Nervously you nod your head, there was no doubt that you trusted him. He kisses you gently, and begins to move slowly. You cant help but gasp as you feel the barrier pushed away, but he kisses you again only to take your mind off the momentary pain. The way he filled you, stretched you, he turned you into liquid fire. He was so gentle, every deep stroke built the craving for more, it was making you dizzy, urgency had your hands caressing the toned muscles of his back, your mouth moving over his neck, his chest.

He drove harder into you, amids his kissing, and rapturous exploration of your body, you notice the need in him was growing, all the walls he had put up were slipping away. You could feel his hunger for you rising, his body moving harder and faster, burying himself deeper inside you, merging you together. The need in him seemed to be driving him on, only fuelling your own, your fingernails digging into his back as wave after wave rippled through your body. You felt yourself internally grip him, sending spirals of pleasure through your body. You cry out as you feel your body quake with overwhelming pleasure, followed shortly by a moan from Levi and you feel his body melt to yours.

Your head was spinning, none of this seemed real, more like a promiscuous daydream. You stroke your hands along his back and caress his shoulders, he was definitely there alright. He lifts his head to look at you, with a broad grin on his face, it shocked you at first because you had never seen such an expression grace his features, instinctively you trace his face with your fingers, so completely under his spell. The smile suited him much more than the non-plussed expression he always wore, it made your heart flutter, seeing it, something that was only for you. He kisses you softly, almost like butterfly kisses and you hear a quiet chuckle.

"Mmm... I could do that all over again." He gives you a mischievous wink and you giggle, feeling thoroughly exhausted. He nuzzles into the crook of your shoulder, and sighs contentedly. "I'm glad that Varga hadn't spoiled you." You knew he didn't mean it that way, but you frown, pushing him away.

"What do you mean spoiled?" Your tone was full of hurt.

"Nothing, I'm just glad he didn't have his way with you." Some strange emotion hit you, and you were so tangled up with all the feelings that you had been through even in the last few hours, that you couldn't place it.

"Spoiled? What you wouldn't have wanted me if he had done?!" He didn't answer. Your heart sank, was that all he was really after? The goal of being your first? You moved off the bed, grabbing your night clothes from the drawer and huddled yourself into the bathroom. You cleaned yourself up, and slipped on your night clothes, you had stop the tears from falling, and washed your face with cold water from the basin. You heard a knock at the door, but you didn't answer.

"(first name). I didn't mean it that way. I wanted you, it didn't matter whether you were untouched or not. I was just relieved that he hadn't hurt you that way. Come back out, don't hide from me." You listened to his words, they were sincere, maybe you had overreacted, there was logic in what he said. It still didn't stop the initial grief of where your thoughts had originally taken you. You sigh and shake yourself out of your pity party. The morning would draw in soon and you didn't want to waste it by arguing. You open the door to see that Levi had retreated to the bed and was now huddled under the covers, the sight amused you, to think that two months ago you would never have even dreamed being here, let alone actually be living it. Levi beckons you to bed and without hesitation you snuggle under the covers next to him, his strong arms drawing you close as you snuggle into him.

"This doesn't change my mind you know." You say quietly, feeling rather sleepy.

"I knew I could never change your mind. I will go, because that is what you want. Always remember, that It was completely against my better judgement." You giggle softly at his formal words. "Thank you."

"Thank you?" You ask, your eyes heavy with exhaustion.

"For showing me what its like to be loved." You smile and kiss his skin as you feel yourself drifting off into slumber.

~

You wake up to shuffling in the room, you yawn as you rub your eyes and spy Levi getting dressed. Instantly it hits you, everything that had happened last night and the fact that he was leaving. Your heart flutters as you see his naked torso, begrudgingly watching as his shirt buttons cover your view and you smile as the thought of him naked next to you. It was definitely a memory you wouldn't forget in a hurry. You stretch trying to stop your body from aching.

"Good Morning Mr Darcy.." Levi seems shocked that you are awake, but a smile appears over his lips and he chuckles.

"Ah, and to you to Miss Bennett." It made you giggle that he played along with you, so he really thought of you as his other half. Just like Darcy did with Elizabeth. He walked over and gave you a kiss, you couldn't help but wrap your arms around his neck and pull him closer to you. He fell on top of you and the kiss deepened. "Well, Good Morning to you. I hate to do this but I have to sort a few things out before we go. I wont be long" You pout, it becoming even more real that not just Levi was leaving but the whole team.

"I should get up and spend some time with the others before you go." Levi sits on the bed and pulls his boots on as you dash around the room to put your clothes on. Opting for your usual attire rather than your birthday dress, which you picked up off the floor and laid it on the dresser. Levi walks behind you and wraps his arms around your waist, giving chaste kisses on your neck.

"I'll see you later." You smile bitterly, feeling that your emotions were like a whirlwind, and he walked out the door. You brush your hair as you try to get your mental state into a semblance of normal.

You take a deep breath and follow where he had left. You hear noise in the kitchen and realise everyone else must have been up. As you walk in the kitchen all eyes are on you, and you laugh. Eren and Jean were looking worse for wear, in fact you were sure that Eren looked green. Lex was making coffee, the fragrant smell filled the kitchen with another wonderful aroma coming from the hob. At closer inspection you see that Lex was cooking breakfast, it made your stomach growl.

"Good Morning Kotenok." Lex smiled, his eyes giving you a knowing look, and you could help but confirm his suspicions with a giggle.

"Morning Lex. I hope you have cooked enough for me?" He nods and pours coffee into cups he had already prepared.

"Why do you sound so happy?" Jean asked, head in his hands, obviously feeling under the weather.

"Isn't it obvious?" Sasha beams. "So.. Am I right?" She looks at you, already knowing the answer.

"Maybe..." You look away innocently.

"We do not need to see your reaction little one. Captain Darcy came down a little while ago, he tried to act normal. He is poor liar. He smiled ear to ear. Its obvious." Lex gave a deep laugh as he placed the coffee in front of Jean and Eren. Eren looked up from his slumped position on the table, and eyes you suspiciously.

"What? You and him? Urg... It makes me feel sick." You laugh with the others at his obvious distaste and sit down as Lex serves the breakfast. Apart from the hangover club, it was a meal, full with chatting and laughter. It always was with everyone here, it tugged at your heart, that this was the last time you were going to be together, and you busy yourself with eating to try and dull out the pain.

After you had washed up the dishes, everyone was packing their belongings and getting everything together for their trip home. You tried your best to help as much as you could without being in the way, watching the clock as each minute ticked by, every minute a painful moment away from when they would leave you for good. Levi still hadn't come back and time was getting to the point where they would be leaving any moment.

"Everyone ready?" Erwin called from the front door. You heard the chorus of confirmations and people load out their bags into the front garden. You walked outside, the sun was shining again today, the breeze warm on your skin. Erwin was standing on the cobbled walk way looking rather awkward, whilst Sasha gave you a massive hug as you see Levi rush inside to get his belongings and she squeals something about never forgetting you with tears in her eyes.

"(first name) I really will miss you. Write to me always." Eren had starting looking better after breakfast, and he gave you a massive hug.

"Make sure you hug Mikasa and Armin for me. Tell them that I will write to them too?" You insist, desperately trying to keep your sadness in check. He nods letting you go.

"Remember to keep safe" You look to Jean, who hesitates for a second and flings his arms around you. He was so much taller than you and you could hear his heart thumping in his chest. He squeezes you, as if he doesn't want to let you go, and it makes you smile. He had come such a long way, and he had become such a dear friend.

"Get your hands off of her." Jean looks and releases you at the sternness of the voice. Levi appeared from the walkway, his usual deadpan expression seemed to have made an appearance again. He pulls you towards him and kisses you passionately. "Don't forget me." The looks from the others were of complete shock at Levi's actions, he was not fussed about showing affection to you in front of them. He nods to Erwin and they make their way down the street waving as they went.

It was only when they were no longer in sight that you burst into tears. It felt like your body was ripping apart, your sobs wracked you to your core. You feel strong hands on your shoulder and turn to see Lex, who was looking at you with sympathy, he wrapped you in his arms and pulled you into the house away from prying eyes. He just held you until your body tired from the crying, stroking your hair, as a father would a daughter who had hurt her knee.

"Kotenok. All is not lost. Here, listen."

~

One month later

Levi had gone back to work almost as soon as he had returned, but everything felt wrong. Food and drink tasted of nothing; cleaning yielded no satisfaction and the paperwork, as much as it bored him before, had been mind numbing. Hanji had tried to coax out what was wrong with him for days until he shut her down completely and told her in no uncertain terms to 'fuck off'. His mood had become even darker and he was harder on the Cadets, more than he had ever been, but none of it helped. He could only think of her; her smile, her laugh and even her scowl. His world was such barren place without her, and no matter how many times he scolded himself for it, it made no difference. He couldn't help but want to be near her.

He sipped on his drink as he was looking at the umpteenth requisition order and mission request. He didn't care, not like he used to, he used to strategise whether missions would be a success before bringing them to Erwin, but not now, they had not spoken since they came back to HQ. He still felt extremely bitter about the position that Erwin had put them all in, as well as the reputation of the Corps. He sighed as he heard a knock at the door, this must have been the tenth interruption that morning, he growled.

"Come in." He didn't look up. He didn't give a shit who it was, they could just hand the papers over and leave for all he cared.

"Captain Ackerman. I do not believe that is the correct way to greet a fellow officer." The voice sounded like hers, but it wasn't, it was authoritative and commanding. He sighed, eyes still not lifting from his paperwork.

"Tsk. Just leave the paperwork on my desk and leave." He said abruptly.

"I should have you reprimanded for your conduct. Fair enough, if thats the way you want it. Then so be it." Levi heard a thump on the desk as a massive file of paper landed upon it, and heard footsteps walk away. He scanned the writing on the front of the file that was stamped Internal Affairs. He looked up to see a woman in a blue uniform, slender figure and (h/c) hair tied up in a frenchbraid.

"Wait. What are Internal Affairs doing here?" The woman continued walking out of the room.

"All the information is on your desk, read it while your having your pity party." The voice was blase and unbothered.

"Stop." She stopped in her tracks. "Look at me! Who are you?" He was enraged that she talked to him the way she did. She laughed, musical and familiar, she turned round.

"Captain (first name/last name). Internal Affairs Liaison Officer to the Survey Corps at your service." Levi stood there completely stunned, it was her. The one he had longed for, right in front of him.

"(first name) is that really you?" She laughed again.

"Do you not recognise me Levi? Its only been a month." He just looked at her, still unbelieving. She raised an eyebrow and strode towards him. "Do you not know who I am Mr Darcy?" She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him the smile. He was jerked back into reality, she really was here, she was next to him, she was his once again. Without a second thought he kissed her greedily, yes, it was her. All the anger was stripped away and he could feel himself remembering the person he was back in the city.

"That did not take long." A deep voice came from the doorway, Levi looked to see Alexei leaning on the door frame. "I will leave lovebirds alone. I will see Erwin." Taking his leave he left them alone again.

"Internal Affairs? Captain?" Levi asked, dumbfounded. She smiled at him and giggled.

"Yes, Lex had been speaking with them and they offered for me to work with them, but Lex managed to wrangle it that it would be best to keep an eye on Erwin, or any Commander in the Corps so they are not taken advantage of. My job is to liaise between the two, as people know me already it makes sense."

"Liaise with the Corps." Levi tried to think it all through. She nuzzled into his ear, and kissed the skin on his neck, sending his body into shivers of anticipation.

"I think I know who I am going to Liaise with first." She whispered into his ear, giving him a playful nip on his earlobe, she pulled him towards his bedroom with an enticing smile on her face.

Levi laughed, enthusiastic to make up for lost time and just before he succumbed to his insatiable need, muttered...

"I am all yours, Sir"