The Shish-Kebab Locator

Start from the beginning

Electricity sparked around me, and I was pretty sure I looked like a tasty electric eel morsel to the serpent.

Channeling the electricity, I aimed for the serpent's eye. But the serpent was quickly and swiveled out of the way as my javelin embedded itself into the serpent side.

No weapon. Great.

I swept my foot across the floor, hoping to raise enough muck and dust to cloud the serpent from me. The river would've been a pain for human me to maneuver in, but the Valkyrie side of me had no trouble moving as fast as the serpent. 

A flurry of green and gold swiped away the muck blocking the view, and this time the serpent's head was right next to mine, it forked tongue touching my head. Slitted eyes stared me, and I felt my body lock up. Then, the serpent opened it's jaws to bite down on me.

Bite.

Cerberus. 

Flashbacks of my rather untimely death traveled a mile a minute in my head, and before I knew it, I was grabbing the serpent by its fangs, kicking up the surface, and yanking the bloody creature right out of the river.

My wings screamed in agony, but my rage over being almost killed twice by the same method was driving me forward. 

The serpent coiled, its lower fangs snapping forward to bite my hands. I dropped one arm to lock onto one of the fangs. I was holding the serpent by its fangs when I spiraled in the air, my wings beating up higher into the air. Gaining enough momentum, I let the serpent go- flying straight towards the ground where Rosemarie was standing with Ryland and Ryker.

Her eyes widened as the serpent crashed onto the ground, a writhing mess, clearly not  amphibious.

Still remaining in the air,  I summoned the javelin to appear in my hand.

"Still think my wings are controlling me?" I muttered under my breath, grimacing as the adrenaline faded and the pain returned oh so quickly.

Lowering myself to the river bank, I kicked the serpent back into the water. When the serpent hissed at me, I stabbed it in the eye and ramped up the voltage. 

Ryker whistled, and I turned around with my javelin raised, ready to rain hell down on anyone else who threatened me. Instead, I was shot back, like a universal slingshot until everything was black except for a twinkling dot the size of a pinhead. In a matter of seconds I was rushed forward at a seemingly cosmic speed towards that very dot. 

Stumbling to regain my balance, I realized I was on a different plane- a different world.

I looked down to realize I was in the pool at Lorena's house, with the twins on either side of me. 

"What the hell-" Draver growled, taking a step forward. His left leg gave out, and he slammed his eyes shut. "Nope, not doing that."

An auburn haired Lycan dropped a plate of shish kebab onto the floor. "OH SHIT! SOMEONE GET KENDRA, HER SPELL ACTUALLY WORKED!"

Jasper blinked several times. "Are we back on Midgard?"

As if sensing the lack of danger, the Valkyrie side of me retreated back; the helmet, armor, and javelin fading into silvery dust. 

Kendra came out, a shit eating grin splitting her face. "Well fuck me. Kristos and I did it. We should name this spell, don't you think? Do you like the sound of shish-kebab locator?"

A blond haired man in a white butler suit came out from behind. "It sounds strange yet intimidating. I agree whole heartedly." When the butler turned to face forward, I realized that he had a gaping hole where the button up of his suit was open- which was all the way down. I blinked several times, trying to process how he wasn't dead.