The Emotional Wings

© 2017 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved. 

~

  Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy
Coming back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along  

~

I couldn't stop staring at Jasper, taking in all of his beauty. His golden hair, like sunlit wheat, and the smooth planes of his face that tan skin stretched taut over. I touched his chin, feeling the stiff stubble.

Jasper let out a deep sigh, his body lifting and dropping on the bed with every breath he took. There was something so peaceful, so tranquil about this moment.

"I don't want to go." I whispered, still studying his features as lay with his eyes closed.

"You have to," he mumbled.

God, his voice was raspy from his deep sleep. The sound was a contrast to his usual cool tone.

"I don't want to go back to hating each other." I pressed my lips to his exposed collarbone.

He opened his eyes like a princess, his thick blond tipped eyelashes fluttering against his sun-kissed cheeks.

"Just know that I don't hate you, and neither does Draver. We could never hate you."

I pushed myself into him just I could feel his cool skin against my cheek, his heartbeat matching mine.

Jasper's hand jerked back as a spark hit him. The human side of me was still not used to my wings, and every time I felt intense emotion my Valkyrie powers would come out in forms of electricity.

"Sorry," I murmured into his chest.

He gathered me closer, a soft smile on his face. "It's fine. Perhaps I like being electrocuted?"

I fought back a snort, rolling so that we were on the edge of the bed. His arm was hooked under my side, stopping me from falling over.

"You're beautiful," he said it like a prayer, and his words wrapped around my heart in a borderline painful manner.

"You're not too bad yourself."

Draver groaned from the opposite side of the bed. "Can you two stop flirting and let me sleep?"

I laughed out loud, the sound foreign in every way. There were a lot of subtle changes in me (besides the insane physical strength, speed, and 12 foot wingspan I now had). For one, my voice was an octave deeper, but I felt like another person. I sounded like a President of a female biker club, which I guess could be a modern day Valkyrie. Not to mention that I seemed to get more...pale? My Italian olive complexion had softened into something more lighter- a cream, maybe. My hips and shoulders were wider, to which Draver had commented as "great birthing hips" when I changed into the slip that was in the stocked wardrobe.

I rolled over to face Draver, and seeing him almost stole my breath away. These twins were too much for me.

Draver was such a contrast compared to Jasper. Draver's black locks were slightly longer than Jasper's, curling just below the nape of his neck. His skin tone was a shade darker, giving him a surfer look. His body was surfer-esque as well, lean with broad shoulders. Draver had a wife beater on, but I could still see the hard planes and dipped valleys of his abdomen. I pressed my cheek to his skin so I could hear his heartbeat. The sound was surprisingly soft, not the thundering beat that I expected.

"What are you doing, Faye?" Draver grumbled as he tossed an arm around my back and pulled me closer. "Sleep."

I scowled up at him. Even though he couldn't see me, he smiled knowingly.