Carl Grimes Imagine #13

Name: Indie ( Your name is cool <3)

~~~~~~~

Indie's POV

Over a year in the apocalypse and there was still tension between Carl Grimes and I. I had never really figured why. I am Daryl Dixon's daughter and have been with the Grimes family since the beginning. Though my dad and Rick became close, becoming each others go-to person. Carl and I stayed at odds. The only time we have spoken to each other is when we were forced to do something together, like go scavenging or be on watch. Other than that the only thing exchanged were looks.

To sum things up, my dads back, the group is mostly reunited and we are going to go meet someone. The King? I think that's what Jesus said. Gregory had pissed me off to the max, Sasha had to pull my shirt back so I wouldn't go punch him in the face. I sat in the back of the car, arms crossed, with probably a very annoyed look on my face. I also sat in the middle of Carl and Sasha, since I was smaller. 

"Hey," I heard my dads voice, I closed my eyes for a moment before sighing while looking back at him."Drop the attitude." Now I was slap my own dad for saying that.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What ever it is, drop the face." I just rolled my eyes and leaned my head back, hearing Carl chuckle."What?" I snapped.

"Nothing." He replied quite calmly to my harsh tone. I rolled my eyes once again.

~~~~~

The Kingdom was beyond what I could explain. They seemed well secured and actually lived. And the King, had a tiger, which I have never seen one in real life before.I was listening to Rick trying to convince Ezekiel to fight with us, with a little help from Jesus. I stood towards the back, near Carl. It was obvious through even Rick's charisma, The Ming wanted nothing to do with a fight.

"This is stupid." I mumbled, and sat down in one of the theater chairs.

"Exactly what I was thinking." Carl had sighed and sat down next to me. I leaned forward to the rest my arms on the seat on front of me. 

"Whoa slow down, don't talk to me too much." I replied, only sort of tuning in  on the conversation below.

"What?" Carl replied, I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair.

"You've never talked to me that much, ever." I said, looking at him. Carl just pulled his eyebrows together.

"And you've never talked to me." He shrugged.

"Cause I've always thought you hated me." I laughed.

"I always thought you hated me." He retorted. I just shook my head no, keeping my eyes on the conversation I was barely listening to.

"We went literally almost two years without ever talking this much, and we're same age too." Carl continued.

"I guess we had nothing to say to each other." I shrugged.

"Damn, that hurt a little." He replied, I turned my head toward him to meet his blue eyes.

"I'm being honest." I exclaimed, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Maybe if talked we would have something to say to each other more often." Carl suggested, I was about to say something when I heard Morgans voice. Carl and I stopped our conversing and stood up. I liked Morgan as a person, But I wasn't a fan of came out of his mouth. I am assuming Carl thought the same.

"Maybe we could find another way." That was all I had to hear from him that made roll my eyes so dramatically.

"Oh my god." I said annoyingly, making our group turn heads." Fuck this." I shook my head and started walking towards the door in anger. He's gonna ruin everything.

"Indie!" I heard my dad call after me.

"I got her." Carl spoke up as I pushed the door open. The sunlight temporarily blinding me. I clenched my hands in fists( *insert Arthur meme here*), biting the inside of cheeks.

"Indie, wait!" I heard the boys voice call to me, I sighed and stopped. I turned around to see Carl right in front of me.

"He's gonna fucking ruin everything!"

"Shhh." Carl shushed me so I wouldn't grab anyone's attention.

"We need the kingdom and he just screwed us over by saying that." I said in a more hushed tone.

"Trust me I am pretty sure we all agree with you." Carl replied sincerely.

"Yeah but I'm about to get a lecture about dropping the F bomb." I crossed my arms.

"I'm sure." Carl chuckled, but I didn't laugh."Anyways, our dad's will figure it out. They always do."

"Carl this is different than anything we've been through."  I replied, still with a hushed tone. Only getting a few looks from people who were probably wondering who we were.

"I know-"

"This isn't that same as the governor, or Terminus, or even the Wolves. If we don't get people to fight with us soon, someone else is gonna end up dead." I exclaimed , biting the insides of cheeks.

"This is about Glenn isn't it?" Carl replied, I was a bit stunned by he response but I couldn't argue.

"He has saved my life countless times, he has been close t death before countless times. He saved your dad in that tank, he was good and thought everyone deserved a chance. He was like a brother that I never had. He was everyone's family, he was strong." I felt the quivering in my voice, making take a deep breath and close my eyes for a second. When I opened them Carl was still looking down at me.I had to feel one tear slip down my cheek to be pulled into Carl's arms. This surprised me at first but I didn't push him away." And just like that, one little accident, and he's gone. My dad feels like it's his fault, no he didn't tell me that but I can read him far better than anyone else. I can't let Negan live."

"Indie, you're not alone about loosing Glenn. Everyone wants their revenge. I know they're gonna do anything they can to kill them." He replied in my ear."But we're gonna win, whatever it takes. We will win." We stood there in the middle of the kingdom just holding each other. It felt, safe but also the most awkward position.

"People are gonna die. More people." I whispered.

"I know." He replied.

"Are we interrupting?" A voice made us jump apart. Our whole group had come out of the building an were starring at us.

"Uh no." I said quickly, both our dads having confused looks.

"I've never you guys talk, ever, and I come out to see this? Is there something I should know about?" Rick asked.

"No." Carl and I said in unison.

"We were just talking and uh.... yeah." Carl said.

"I don't have time to talk about right now, let's go." Rick replied, shaking his head and walking away. Tara happily gave us smile, oh great now everything thinks we are a thing. Carl followed behind our group as we headed for the entrance.

"So, are we gonna forget this ever happened?" Carl asked me.

"We don't have too." I replied with a small smile, Carl nodded towards me.

"Alright, Dixon." He replied making me shake my head at what he called me. I looked ahead seeing Tara, who I wanted to talk to to clarify things. I started walking ahead of Carl."

"Hey Tara!" I called, she turned around and stopped, looking at me.

"Wait does this mean we're friends?" Carl called to me, I turned around walking backwards.

"You're pushing it Grimes." I smirked, I earned just a shake of Carl's head. I turned back around, approaching Tara, with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~

HEYYY so I hope you liked it idk the real theme but yeah <3 I love you guys thanks for dealing with my lack