Chapter Two: The Time Lord

I spun around and narrowed my eyes. A man was standing there, looking highly unamused. He had floppy brown hair and green eyes. He wore a tweedy jacket with braces and a bright red bowtie. His appearance was rather comical, to say the least.

"I was lucky, I suppose." I sighed. "Got banished. Not the best way to survive, but I'm not dead. It's been 500 years since my banishment. I haven't seen a single Time Lord. All I know is that they're all gone. What happened?"

The man's face softened a bit. He grasped my shoulder gently. I tried to squirm out of it, but he held firm. "A war. The last great Time War. The Time Lords became mad, desperate to stop the war, so... I had to destroy Gallifrey. I had to destroy it to save the universe."

I hissed in pain as the nails of his hand dug into my shoulder. I twisted and broke free, then stood, panting, before the Time Lord. "You- you killed them? All of them? My family- my mother, my father, my brother, his family, my family- they're all dead!?"

He nodded miserably. "I regret it every single day. I know I made the right choice, but I can't believe I chose to condemn my home to destruction. My family is dead because of me. My entire species is dead. Except for you." The man was obviously tortured by his decision, and it made her feel sorry for him.

"Shh, shh, it's alright. Now we can be alone together. I won't be alone anymore..." My voice wobbled dangerously. It was always bad when I thought about Samuel.

He looked at me with pity and understanding. "What happened?"

"Daleks." I put all of my fury, pain, and lonliness in that word. "My- love interest, I guess you could say, was killed by the Daleks right in front of me. I told him to run..." I said, holding in my sobs. I couldn't cry, not in front of this stranger.

"A-and then I regenerated, so now Samuel wouldn't even recognize me..." I wailed. The man looked troubled at m tears, so he hugged me. Memories of someone long ago hugging me in this exact way sparked in my brain. "My brother used to hug me like this... I guess he's dead now..."

The man sighed, and let me go.

"Well," the man said, clapping his hands together. "What's your name? If we're going to travel together, we should know each other's names!"

"The Seer." I replied.

The man frowned. "That was my sister's nickname... I'm the Doctor."

"That was my brother's nickname..." I said, and looked hard into the Doctor's green eyes. Deep inside, I saw the shadow of my brother, the man who had been my best friend.

"Brother?" I whispered.

"Sissy?" He said, then laughed. "It- it's really you? I can't believe it! My baby sister, alive!" He tackle-hugged me, then frowned. "But- you said you'd been banished?"

I scowled. The memory of her banishment was not a pleasant one. "I- well, I was falsely accused. I don't think they even had a charge for me. They were probably scared of my power. They just sent me a message, saying they'd been tipped off that I'd committed an 'unspeakable act', whatever that was. And I got a message the next day saying that I was banished forever from Gallifrey. I was allowed to being only my TARDIS. So I left, and never looked back. I couldn't, even if I wanted to."

"That's just unfair! And you said you regenerated? When?" The Doctor pressed, making me smile. Still an over protective older brother.

"3 weeks ago." I said, managing to keep a straight face. "It was after my companion died. I killed the two Daleks that had killed him, and tricked any that got in my way, but just as I opened the door to my TARDIS, a Dalek came from behind and shot me in my right heart. I closed the door, and regenerated. It was my hardest one yet- usually my regenerations are quick, but this one took so long..." I winced at the memory. "And afterword I didn't look at myself to see what I looked like. I couldn't stand it. So," I said, a glint in my eye, "Am I ginger?"